Air rifle shot pigeons

:hmm: Are you saying it is possible to pass pigeon meat off as lamb/beef or chicken

all I am saying is that all those years ago woodies were making between five and ten pence each to the game dealer.and the ferals made around ten pence for five,they were collected bysome indian gentlemen and I have no idea what they did with the thousands of birds over the years.i leave you to draw your own conclusions.

all I am saying is that all those years ago woodies were making between five and ten pence each to the game dealer.and the ferals made around ten pence for five,they were collected bysome indian gentlemen and I have no idea what they did with the thousands of birds over the years.i leave you to draw your own conclusions.

Depends how manky their living conditions are, granted you wouldn't want to dine on London rails footless samples but what we commonly refer to as feral are basically doves/pigeon and clean/healthy ones will be perfectly OK to eat. I would guess those ended up being eaten at home because there is no way you could disguise the texture and taste as typical restaurant food.

Depends how manky their living conditions are, granted you wouldn't want to dine on London rails footless samples but what we commonly refer to as feral are basically doves/pigeon and clean/healthy ones will be perfectly OK to eat. I would guess those ended up being eaten at home because there is no way you could disguise the texture and taste as typical restaurant food.

No I guess you are correct.as I doubt you could put say horse meat into pies and other ready meals and get away with it as beef.

No I guess you are correct.as I doubt you could put say horse meat into pies and other ready meals and get away with it as beef.

I'd have paid more to eat horse meat - it was the deception that was upsetting. I bet pigeon curry would sell for high prices in gastropubs

hello, try millets farm shop or maybe a local pub for the rabbits, a game dealer for the pigeon and you can freeze until collection maybe.[/quote

+1 millets nice place for a walkabout to

hello, seems so with the amount of people visiting there these days, i remember when it was just a one field pick your own and my boys use to eat more strawberries than pick :lol:, next time you walkabout look down the trout lakes and you might see an oldy fishing :rolleyes:

I'd have paid more to eat horse meat - it was the deception that was upsetting. I bet pigeon curry would sell for high prices in gastropubs[/quote

I am afraid that if you don't kill and prepare it yourself.you really don't know what you are eating a lot of the time.but if it don't kill you then why worry I guess.i would say if you ask the right butcher they will get you some horse meat and you won't have to pay a premium.