Wet day job

la bala

As it was a wet day i thought i would sort the rear hub seal on the Landrover. Outer felt seal had had it. I thought i may aswell renew the inner hub seal while i am at it. Pulled the halfshaft, all ok there, bearings ok but will repack. Went to the spares cabinet, 1 new felt washer, umm, inner seal, could have swore i had one. Go to order new one, internet down. Go to my sons place order new one and new axle breather. Couple hour job now running in to 2 days :lol:

post-52836-0-34920000-1463607721_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-57943100-1463607736_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-80012300-1463607759_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-16880900-1463607779_thumb.jpg

are you using plastic end cover caps...........if so dont forget to put them in boiling water before you push them on....(teaching-eggs-suck)

My old girl has metal ones ditchman, do you think i should wire brush and paint them, or have them restored by viking :lol:

Im so jellous you have building you can get in not bunged up with stuff to the rafters.

I got an open shed i work in if winds blowing which it allways is here, you could be drier outside i swear. :lol:

One day i will clear out the workshop and not clutter it up anymore, but there is always a motorbike or three in pieces spread all overe the place in various states of dissrepair.

Edited by TONY R

But you are in the broad acres Tony, that's all that counts.

Got to have something to soak the oil up, its a Landrover :lol:

Restoring the earth's resources drop by drop.. :lol:

I've just been packing and tidying my Defender for some clay bashing tomorrow. There is just something about a LR.. :friends:

them leaf springs look clean reminds me of first job as an apprentice we had a castrol greasing plant with air grease and oil guns xl xxl etc had customer with a series one who wrapped his springs in leather we had to remove covers to grease the springs they always looked new but didn't stop them from bowing . When the landy came in for petrol The gaffer always took great pleasure if the petrol pump attendant was new to the job to watch them try and find the tank filler cap (under the drivers sear) .the same goes for some of the standards motors I think if memory serves the filler cap was a rear reflector.Sorry to ramble little things please little minds.