Hello from Windsor

Hi.

I am a real newbie to the sport and will be looking for lots of advice.

We have just returned to the UK after living in Australia for 8 years and have decided it is time for me to have some "me time"

I have considered getting into it for a long time but was never able to due to a range of things, but am now looking for all the help i can get.

I do have some experience with guns as i was in the army for 3 years and as a young kid would also get to shoot with my father - though that is a scarily long time ago!

I am planning to do a few lessons to get me back into the swing and also familiarise myself with shotguns - something that i have very little experience of as most of my experience that i have memory of is with military guns.

At the moment, I am not really sure what the pathway is though! I have got as far as ordering a book that has been recommended on here and will be booking some lessons with clays in the near future. But, beyond that I haven't a clue!

All tips and help is VERY gratefully received and no doubt I will have many questions as we go along.

Welcome from an old/new member. I grew up in Windsor.

Where in Aussie were you and why did you leave? In the news today: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36299682

I read that.

We left due to lack of work. We were in WA, and could not get any work other than odd weeks here and there for 18 months. So, started looking at jobs back in the UK and was offered one within a week. Though had the madness that it was conditional on me starting within 7 days! We had never been to Berkshire before, but loving it.

There are many people leaving at the moment for the same reason - when I was checking in on the flight from Perth, nearly everyone in the queue were families leaving.

Very glad to be back and looking forward to getting my new hobby up and running and spending many days in the UK countryside - the best in the world in my opinion

Thanks for the reply, it's interesting reading. I love WA, especially the Margaret River area. My best mate is over there and doing very well (******!). Guess the mining boom is over, so it's going to be a reality check for many people.

Hope you enjoy Windsor. It wasn't a bad place to grow up.

• 2 weeks later...