6.5x55 deer round..

In that case Federal Power Shok 140grn

Over the last ten years I have used these on fox, muntjac, roe, fallow, red hind & boar.

Possibly a 'do all' round for the 6.5.

I have also used Hornady 140's but haven't always been happy with the results from them.

+1 for federal. Always accurate in mine. For home loads have a look at Nosler Partitions. Nothing wrong with Privii SP either. Much underrated. Brass is worth keeping too if you get into reloading. Most folks find that he Swede is very forgiving and not too picky in terms of choice of ammunition.

Plus one for the Federal. Plus one for Partitions or Accubond. I would have said Barnes TTSX but they are like Rocking Horse droppings. I use these in my 257Wildcat and 375JDJ to great effect. Have spoken to Barnes and they cannot make them fast enough for the home market.

Don't have one today but the good old 'Swede' is one of my favourite do all calibres.

PPU to start with while you are sighting it in etc and you may well be happy enough with it and look no further. Two of my mates use PPU in their 6.5x55 rifles all the time. What is available locally? that's the real deciding factor more often than any other.

Interesting results from folks on PPU. Clearly some rifles like them and some don't but still quite a wide spread. Mine seems ok with them from what I have seen. Not used huge quantities but no shotgun effects to date. Might be worth a box to see how you get on?

Hi all

Just a quick question I've got a new 6.5x55 which is just a deer rifle, any users recommend a suitable round?? Will be mainly on roe but the odd larger deer also..

Cheers.

I have a mate in lapland who shoots moose / elk with his! It's about the most popular round for them. We underate most of our firearms capabilities!

Guest stevo

I have a mate in lapland who shoots moose / elk with his! It's about the most popular round for them. We underate most of our firearms capabilities!

I'm sure you just post for the sake of posting , what has that got to do with the OP's post ??

Cheers for the info guys..

I don't mind anyone with a input posting..it's good to here people's views..

I think the 6.5 tops off my collection now, 22lr for rabbits and small vermin, 243 for foxing and long range crows, and 6.5x55 for deer/boar..

I'm going to try the federal power shock when I find some glass for the top, I've ordered the new tikka t3 X , so will take me a couple of months to source all I need for it, meopta 3-9x56 for the top and a ATEC mod...plus a few other bits, not planning on reloading as I won't be using enough rounds..

Cheers all for the posts..