Holloway and Naughton

Dick

I have just purchased a 12g side lock ejector made around 1920. It is away for some restoration at the moment.

All of the original records were destroyed in one of the WW2 Birmingham air raids so I cannot find out much about it. The H&N website is only for modern guns that only carry the H&N name, although they look superb.

Does anyone know of an information source for anything on the original Birmingham guns.

Thanks.

Hi ****

See below -I've got the book and there's no specific mention of Naughton with the Holloway entry

According to Nigel Brown in his book: "British Gunmakers" vol II, George & Sidney Holloway's records reside with Christopher Holloway at 5 Noble Avenue, Oldland Common, Bristol BS15 5YY, Telephone 01179 326713. From these record book Nigel Brown produced a chart of serial number ranges and the approximate year dates of production of the serial numbers. Brown indicates that for the year 1923 serial numbers in the 12800-13000 range were used; for year 1924 number in range of 13100-13400 were used and for the year 1924 the numbers range 13500-13600.

K