ford ranger cooling problems

shooterman49

hi all, anyone run a ford ranger (06). mine has developed a cooling fault and its driving me mad trying to find the source . I am constantly having to top up the coolant even after shortish runs . have checked all hoses etc and cant find any obvious leaks. put it into the local garage and had the thermostsat replaced at there recommendation, still loosing coolant so went back in, system drained and refilled and run up to temperature no obvious leaks. has been suggested the head gasket might be going but no emulsivication in the oil. can anyone offer any advice as its driving me mad, regards pete.

sounds like head gasket has gone try running it with a loose rad cap for a day or two so the gasses can escape should sort out overheating

forgot to add check that the water is circulating properly as the water pump impeller can spin on the shaft and cause it to boil up in a short time after starting

Edited by Saltings