Old English club

dob

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the topic is on oldEnglish sxs shotguns lets not forget the pinfire shotgun although not used alot I have seen them shot well at driven game enclosed are a different types

Feltwad

Belgian Patent Under Lever Pinfire

P1010024-4.jpg

Askey Bedale SXS Pinfire

P1010015-2.jpg

Jefferies Side opening

P1010010.jpg

Edited by Feltwad

H&H bought at Bonhams in December -with a case

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/22751/lot/99/wow a Holland and Holland for £475.

K

The auction catalogue didn't mention the loose forend and trigger guard though, otherwise I think I wouldn't have been bidding against an internet bidder and would have got it for £200-£250, it's effectively a Webley boxlock "shot and examined by Holland & Holland" £100 to fix the loose bits. The case is lovely as well, K

When the topic is on oldEnglish sxs shotguns lets not forget the pinfire shotgun although not used alot I have seen them shot well at driven game enclosed are a different types

Feltwad

Belgian Patent Under Lever Pinfire

P1010024-4.jpg

Askey Bedale SXS Pinfire

P1010015-2.jpg

Jefferies Side opening

P1010010.jpg

What a lovely looking guns, I've never used a pinfire

Edited by kevin55

The auction catalogue didn't mention the loose forend and trigger guard though, otherwise I think I wouldn't have been bidding against an internet bidder and would have got it for £200-£250, it's effectively a Webley boxlock "shot and examined by Holland & Holland" £100 to fix the loose bits. The case is lovely as well, K

I saw a pair of these H&H Webleys in Wm Powells shop in Carrs Lane Birmingham about 25 years ago! The only ones I have seen, either then or since.........but the guy in the shop said there were a few of em knockin about

will try to get some photos up of some of mine.

Burrows double 8g (really 7g)

George Newnham double 8g

George Smith double 8g(Damascus barrels BP)

Berry 4g (Damascus Barrels)

Simmons double 8g muzzle loader (Damascus barrels)

think I might have one or two more will have to check...

all the above get regular outings during the fowling season and a odd day or 3 during the summer shooting a few clays and pattern testing.... will try to get some photos up

This is my W.R Pape family heirloom, long forgotten about and left to perish. It's away to be restored at the moment, but should be back with me shortly - I'm so excited to get it back, I've had photos of the finished product and its stunning, but for now you'll have to make do with the before

image.jpg1_zpsyihz8vo8.jpg

Enclosed is a image of a Pape sxs muzzle loader

Feltwad

100_1310_zpsbnjgog6e.jpg

My midland 30 " damascus ble. Been in a loft for 30yrs untouched before I got my mitts on it, if someone could date it roughly for me I would appreciate, I'll try and get the proof marks up shortly if anyone fancies a challenge. That's when I can get my head round adding a photo!

post-59648-0-59738700-1464207131_thumb.jpg

post-59648-0-92336800-1464207218_thumb.jpg

Edited by shootthepigeon