Clubs in Northumberland for a beginner

Badf1shman

Hi guys, just received my sgc and bought my first gun :-) I am a complete novice to both shotguns and gun clubs. Any recommendations of friendly clubs/grounds to get me started? Also a brief explanation of club etiquette would be helpful lol. I'm based I'n Ashington but don't mind a drive!

I'm still waiting on my cert but I've been having lessons with my daughter at Bywell. Well worth a visit and a good variety of setups to try.

Still learning myself so not much else I can add :)

I think I may have had the pleasure of your company at Bywell and a good suggestion from you to someone new to the sport.

Widdrington Gun Club, local, cheap and lots of advice. Shoot Sunday morning and every other Wed in the summer.

The secretary of the club is a mod on here (he needs a real job).

Shaun4860.

I couldn't get a job that pays as well as this does,

Then there's the perks ie: company car, pension, private medical cover...the list goes on,

Badf1shman, I will wiz you some details via pm later, I'm just about to start a 3 hour lunch break ;)

:shaun:

PM figgy on here...shot with him and a crew from a club in the NE at essex masters..the ground was owned by one the guns in our squad,nice folk who could all shoot and no doubt would give sensible lessons etc....sorry as a southern softie not sure where it is......figgy where are you???