Few photos of previous cars

ShootingEgg

Love that Renault 5 Turbo. - shame all the good cars from the 80, and 90s have gone.

Thanks bud.

I've had reems of cars.. the only one I wish I'd kept is that. It sold again a little while ago I was told.... for a vast amount more than I sold it for..

Not many left like that.

Best car I had was a Lancia Thema Turbo - ultimate Q car - looked like a normal 3 box saloon - went like the proverbial bat out of hell. Would sit at 140mph mile after mile (as proved on the French motorways coming back from Paris to Calais once) Unfortunately being a Lancia the interior fell apart.

A few I have on my phone...

Sapphire cosworth RWD. Car was a monster. Immaculate condition. 280bhp at the wheels.

Phase 1 renault 5 gt turbo. 2 previous owners fsh apart from wheels totally standard. 36k miles. Worth a fortune now.... I've had 3...

S2 RS turbo.... heavily modified. Went like stink. Never had it on rolling road.

FB_IMG_1442051143417.jpg

FB_IMG_1464604064934.jpg

FB_IMG_1464604055175.jpg

FB_IMG_1464604073430.jpg

Now drive an auto freelander.... how times change...

The way that I look at it years ago it was fun to have a fast car then you had something better than other people but today except for some really small cars with tiny engines all of them will go fast and some of the new electric cars will out run almost anything and that includes supercars so it all gets a bit pointless in the end that is one reason why I have a 4x4 like you maybe not so fast but I can go plases that they would get bogged down in no time.

I'm a great fan of Mazdas - the wife is on her second 'generic mum vehicle' as number 1 son refers to it (the Mazda 5) and none of them have cost me any significant money or given us any grief. I'd go as far as to say I have some Mazda brand loyalty.

Following on, I always thought it a shame that Mazda never made a proper balls out sports car - the mx5 just isn't quick enough to count (everyone went for the Honda S2000) and the rx7 too quirky for words.

Loving that XK - it's either that or the big Austin Healy for me alright.

The problem is that having had a few older cars I now fully appreciate abs brakes, electric Windows, power steering and above all reliability - there is no point having any car if you don't have the confidence of it starting and getting you from A to B, and so that rules out most older cars for me.

I do agree with you in a way I think that it may well be a bad idea to not make a full on version of the mazda as you end up with people saying you should have got the top version instead of just the normal one that in the end is quite good enough really so you end up driving people away if someone wants a hotted up one then there are plenty of people around who will do it for you for a few extra £.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Nice mini but I just do not get the speaker thing you would need to were your shooting ear protectors when you had the music on or you would need some hearing aids after a while.

At no point did I have the stereo up when driving... It was more for show and at shows. There was no way people would get in the back past the seats so decided to use all the odd stereo gear to fit tge back out... More of a this is what you can do etc.

• 7 months later...

Nice looking Astra. Does it have the ecotec or the xe engine?

If you ever fancy sellng it give me a shout.

Cheers

Stu

It's got the X20XEV engine but it's been breathed on by Courtney sport, different cams and a remap.

It's around the same bhp as the red tops now.

A couple of my old toys - wish I still had em both !!

1989 V8 County wish a few extras image_zpsu5qzmqk8.jpeg

1989 Audi Quattro MB Turbo image_zps0pes1vpv.jpeg

Love the Audi Coupe had the same year in a 2wd auto with the 2.3l 5cylinder engine, lovely but bloody thirsty and ate front tyres with my wife driving. Currently have a B7 3.0tdi Qautro Cabriolet that's family owned from new. Wife won't part with it.

my best cars have been two tr 7"s nissan skyline 2.4 straight six cylinder. datsun 160j sss 180 sss. mazda rx7 . a few landrovers. now have a vauhall omega 2.6 v6 cd automatic lots more in between to many to mention

Skyline, rotary and Datsuns earn you many cool points! So collectable.

Edited by theshootist

back in the early 80,s when I was training as a mechanic one of the bosses was an alfa nut which was good for me as when he changed his car I more often than not got his old one and what was even better was I was covered on the garage insurance for personal use ...........so here are pictures of my first 2 alfas ..............my god they were fast or at least they felt and sounded it but unfortunately back then you could watch them rust away from under you

first alfasud 1.5ti post-12398-0-73618400-1486636533_thumb.jpg

second alfa 2.0ltr gtv post-12398-0-08575800-1486636545_thumb.jpg

pictures are not my actual cars but ones from the net same colours and models

Mine years ago

2.0 GL MK4

Piper Cam and 4 branch manifold, 38DGAS carb, K&N air filter, uprated adjustable Spax shocks and springs, oh, and plenty of rust later on

Cortina_zpsyc2pbwqy.jpg

:shaun:

That is so nice such a pity that they did not bother with the rust protection I had a lovely mk 1 capri 2ltr with the funny transit V4 enging but it still went quite fast I had it for about 8 years back in the 70/80s I loved that car but it started going rusty so I sold it in the end.