Spring Rape

I had a call on Wednesday , Pigeons on my spring rape, I'll be out on Friday. So I arrived at the farm to find the field with two gas guns on it and no birds. Turned the gas guns off and watched a flightline between two trees and set up with seven real birds , it was now 13.00 and I shot till 18.30 and with twentyfive shots dropped twenty one birds which were very predictable in flight. Farmer drove down the field and said well done, the field must have had fifty birds on it on Wednesday !!!! before I put the Gas Gun on the field. On the way back home I passed a few farms which were cutting silage so thought I must have a look for some crow shooting tomorrow.

Following domestic duties and the dog going awol I set out at 12.00 to find some crows or pigeon . I looked at some peas but no birds on them at all and carried on looking and came to a farm cutting sileage. I spoke to the farmer and told him I would shoot the field he cut three daya ago and see how I get on. I drove across the cut grass and spooked about forty corvids off the field. I set up under an oak tree with the wind in my face so the birds would come from behind me and the tree would shield me from them and the sun. I put out ten thawed crows and as I was setting them up a number of pigeons crossed the field so I put out the seven decoys from the day before to the side of the pattern. It was now 14.00 and the crows and jackdaws came in well and I had a couple of hours sport . At approx 17.00 Bunny Blaster came over to pick up half a dozen crows for decoys on Sunday , he managed to stifle his giggles as I managed to shoot two corvids both with the second shot. I shot till 18.30 with the last shot being a pigeon that came within range. So with the six that BB had taken my total for the day was ninety one corvids and one pigeon, which I enjoyed, by the way DB is away in Greece enjoying the sun .

532a369f-a6a7-49d4-aa43-4e81cc0a9985_zps

86e60ec1-ef17-4037-8256-68c846cb50f3_zps

Farmers!! :rolleyes: Most of the peas i was promised first go on already have the gas guns going!

The first photo looks very strange, almost like a photoshop ???

Our silage will start next week, i would be very happy witha bag of corvids like that!