Afternoon Outing

Fudge40

After a few weekends of not being able to shoot due to work & other commitments I finally got out with my shooting buddy Armsid.

After setting up in a promising field of beans by 2.30pm under a tree with a field of fully flowering rape behind us it was not long till the first shots rang out.

Having not shot for a few weeks and still getting used to the new Semi-auto all were misses.

Not to be put off after another 20 mins two birds came slow into the decoys from across the field.

I took the one at the back and Armsid took the one at the front.

A shot each later we had our first two in the bag,

Then the farmer turned up to spray the bean fields so a chat with the farmer & an enforced coffee & cake brake for 45mins followed.

Not to be put off we hung around for a few more hours hoping for the pigeons to slowly return,

slowly they did.

With Armsid taking at out a great shot at about 30 yards only being able to see a small amount of the bird as it disappeared around a tree, next thing you see is the explosion of feathers as the bird hits the ground.

As time went on the pigeons were getting few & far between so when one passed at 40 yards I had to take a shot at it, 6 meters of lead & a slight payer the semi-auto hit its mark to bring the pigeon down stone dead, but right in the high rape so could not find it no matter how hard we looked,

Not the biggest bag of 7 pigeons but a great afternoon out with quality company & enjoyment which is what its all about.

post-62818-0-82967900-1464471920_thumb.jpg

post-62818-0-49448600-1464471921_thumb.jpg

post-62818-0-45921400-1464471922_thumb.jpg

post-62818-0-20515000-1464471960_thumb.jpg