Pigeons in The Loft

Her indoors sent me up in the loft for a garden chair cover today ,

She always recon'd i had bats in the belfry and confirmed it when I came down with these pigeons from the loft :)

16 sport plast rubber decoys, used these before flocked shells, very light and squishy, all 16 only came in at just over a kilo minus pegs.

They would go out of shape if left squashed in a bag for long periods but a soak in very hot water and stuffed with newspaper soon put them right.

All original paint apart from the odd white marking touch up.

Considering these have to be at least 30 years old I think they put some of today's decoys to shame for longevity.

On saying that I use FUD's for compactness.

post-402-0-53955300-1465303169_thumb.jpg

you can still buy them.........i know someone who bought them 5 years ago...and he swears by them...and they are the same size as a pigeon...not oversize.....trouble is the weight of them.........

Weighed them 1.22 kilo about 2.5 lbs old weight for all 16 , I used to carry them slung together and over my shoulder like a bandolier. not what I would call heavy !

Think I know the ones you mean quite thick rubber, these were bought way back , made of a thinner durable rubber , not tears or damage at all.

Edited by deny essex

Some of you may remember a few years back me writing about a sparrow hawk that landed in my decoy pattern and was trying to pull the heads off these rubber decoys one after another,I nearly fell off my chair it was so amusing.

Ditchman, the thickness looks to be just under 1mm for info.

post-402-0-50731200-1465381839_thumb.jpg