An evening for rabbits.

oowee

Tried to post this earlier in the week but new lap top and photobucket stopped me pasting.

After a pretty dismal day on the crows I went back to the farm in the evening for some rabbits. 3 for me and 3 for the farmer. I really do need to get a door rest for the hilux. Any suggestions would be welcome.

IMG_0872_zpsf9c7bzkn.jpg

Make a frame out of 22mm coper pipe that hooks over your door and cover in pipe lagging. I'm unable to post photos but if you can think something like a bike rack on the back of a car but redesigned so you have a frame that sits a bit higher than your door and running 18inches or so parallel with the door.

hello, i made a door rest a few years back and tried to find a manufacture to produce them to no avail, quite straight forward if you can weld,

it has a swing arm gun rest and can shoot from drivers side, if your handy to solder can use copper tube, mine is made of ally, and as other pw members said the door hook overs have pipe lagging fixed. i can send photos if you wish?

it has a swing arm gun rest and can shoot from drivers side, if your handy to solder can use copper tube, mine is made of ally, and as other pw members said the door hook overs have pipe lagging fixed. i can send photos if you wish?

Thanks for the offer mate but I cant even put up a shelf lol i am the worlds worst at anything diy. I once made a shed from scrap wood I collected from an old factory. As soon as it rained it turned into a sphere as the wood warped. and in a week it was firewood. :lol:

It's a pity the Hilux doesn't have overhead grab handles as I reckon you could fashion a sling to support the rifle

Now thats a good idea. It has a grab handle on the passenger side I am not sure on the drivers side I will look later. To be honest I am not sure what i need to get a comfortable rest. I might be better off with a tripod which I think i need in any case and get out of the vehicle to shoot. If I get out away from the target I can set up with the car between me and the target?

Thanks for the offer mate but I cant even put up a shelf lol i am the worlds worst at anything diy. I once made a shed from scrap wood I collected from an old factory. As soon as it rained it turned into a sphere as the wood warped. and in a week it was firewood. :lol:

Now thats a good idea. It has a grab handle on the passenger side I am not sure on the drivers side I will look later. To be honest I am not sure what i need to get a comfortable rest. I might be better off with a tripod which I think i need in any case and get out of the vehicle to shoot. If I get out away from the target I can set up with the car between me and the target?

PM me your email address for some pictures.