Findhorn Bay Shooting Agreement

bigads28

Have seen the map and read what the text so feel sold out. Just the stupid Foundation tree huggers grabbing more land in any which way they can to promote their sad way of life. Least one local hero had guts to say what he felt!

Will wait till I see this in writing officially before go off on a rant. As usual the local eco terrorist seems to have managed to get her name in print again and the local minister who should sod off back to South Africa.

Edited by Local lad

What's the betting? That they will be back for more!

You can be sure they will be out checking where people are with cameras etc. We just have to be sure we are squeaky clean and comply with the agreement.

If my memory serves me well I think they tried to stop people digging bait for fishing on the bay too many years back and got no where with that. Shame the same isn't happening this time.

You can be sure they will be out checking where people are with cameras etc. We just have to be sure we are squeaky clean and comply with the agreement.

If my memory serves me well I think they tried to stop people digging bait for fishing on the bay too many years back and got no where with that. Shame the same isn't happening this time.

I honestly don't believe it makes any difference to these people whether Wildfowlers comply or not!......they will give the impression of being satisfied with the agreement.............but they will still work covertly to discredit and undermine Wildfowling and Wildfowlers on the Bay........to them the end justifies the means!.............They don't like shooting and if deemed necessary will use even dishonest means to get it stopped!

Still not sure what has and has not been agreed.

Have looked at the map and it seems the lines have been drawn to benefit the Foundation as usual!

As said by "Goose Shooter Willie" I too have no problem with what ever they do on there land but it seems to me that they are constantly grabbing land

however they can to increase there empire.

If you also spend a bit of time on the net, you can easily find ties between the people that signed the online petition against shooting and the Foundation.

I did mention using the council planning web site but I see that has now been blanked since I mentioned that. Happy to put there names to something but stupid enough

to leave an electronic trail a blind man could follow!!!!

As for cameras, looks like I better wear short wellies this year to make getting my bum out easier!!!!

Edited by Local lad

• 3 weeks later...

The Antis have agreed to continue with the terms set from the mediation meeting on 8th June. They also agreed to give us piece while we carry out our law abiding sport and we agreed to not shoot a small area on Mondays and Tuesday's. They were warned by the council that if they continue to be antisocial towards Fowlers then they will lose the right to have the small area to themselves and it will be handed back to the Fowlers. 2 days after the mediation meeting they tried to retract from the agreement and that I had 3 options. One of which was only having 5 guns on the bay/day.

Only 1 bird/gun daily was another. We informed the council that we were removing from further proceedings and will not be going to any further meetings hence now the Antis have agreed with what was decided. Find it funny that above comments regard GOOSE SHOOTER WILLIE as a local hero and at least he had the guts to say what he felt. Maybe next time he can sit in the meetings with the council and the Antis to try and keep shooting on Findhorn instead of hiding behind an alias.

As I said in my e-mail the other day your efforts are much appropriated even if the final outcome is not to my liking. I am in the permit camp with no non shooting areas but that's life.

Maybe next time, I will not be continually out the country with work and could do more to assist.

As for an alias, even I used one for personal reasons when talking to the UK shooting magazine editors when getting them on side to promote the petition (and I explained to them why at the time).

One thing I have learned from this is we are all **** at communication and have now reduced the amount of e-mail addresses I have so nothing important is missed.

Will try and get home for the 1st and probably see you at the usual place unless you have work.

As I said in my e-mail the other day your efforts are much appropriated even if the final outcome is not to my liking. I am in the permit camp with no non shooting areas but that's life.

Maybe next time, I will not be continually out the country with work and could do more to assist.

As for an alias, even I used one for personal reasons when talking to the UK shooting magazine editors when getting them on side to promote the petition (and I explained to them why at the time).

One thing I have learned from this is we are all **** at communication and have now reduced the amount of e-mail addresses I have so nothing important is missed.

Will try and get home for the 1st and probably see you at the usual place unless you have work.

Edited by Jamcala

A permit system would reduce the guns allowed on the bay per day to 5. Goose limits per gun per day would be one and there would be a bigger reduction on the shooting area. Permit wouldn't work in all fairness as no traveling gun would be able to shoot the bay thus impacting on the local businesses coz as you know over the winter months they depend on the Fowlers. This was a meeting to allow all Fowlers the chance to shoot the bay and not just the locals.

We could debate this all night and I sure you have had many hours of that already.

Lets just get this season out the way with no problems.

I will see you some morning and I am sure the chat will be about this anyway.

I am also sure the the anti mob will be also reading this and taking notes, screen dumps or what ever you do on these sites so hence my limited reply.

But........

Your right we could and again I have. I just need to be sure that everyone is going to do there bit this season and every season there after. It's not just my neck on the line it's everyone's as this fight was too long and hard to lose now. Yes I'll be on the bay and yes this topic will be the fore front of conversation

Ok here goes.

Haven spoken with the council it is categorically from the season on going to be the way forward by the Summary from the mediation meeting. The chairman had confirmed that BASC and the Forres and Nairn Wildfowlers was represented by a local member of both parties. This can be confirmed by Peter Boulton. ALL parties who partake in hunt and shoot of Geese on Findhorn bay MUST and I mean MUST follow the rules set out from the Summary. Now I understand BASC have came back to people saying that nothing has changed on the Bay I can tell you this is NOT the case. We must ALL follow the ruling or risk losing it for ever by a total ban, now I must say that again WE WILL GET A TOTAL BAN IF THE RULES ARE NOT FOLLOWED. So please please please keep this in mind as we have worked to bloody hard for this to be lost now.

Also I would like to apologise now for some of the language I used I've the last few hours as I was a wee bit stressed so I'm sorry if it offended, I have never met most of you but regard you as friends and that I don't want to jeopardise so I'm sorry

Edited by Jamcala

Just seen this and it doesn't surpirse me that you guys are suffering cause of the Findhorm weirdo's. May I ask, can anybody shoot the foreshore from Kingsteps and east along Culbin\Gut areas?

Yes you can shoot the old bar only problem is a long walk as no car access, in the good old days had access into the culbin forest to get access to the old bar.

B.

Thanks, I guess parking at Kingsteps and walking out to the foreshore is out nowadays too, what with Brodie and all?

The SFC should have a car park down towards the Gut\Culbin sands, takes an age to walk anywhere. Lovely beach there to and very quiet.

Thanks, I guess parking at Kingsteps and walking out to the foreshore is out nowadays too, what with Brodie and all?

The SFC should have a car park down towards the Gut\Culbin sands, takes an age to walk anywhere. Lovely beach there to and very quiet.

That's the good thing about a long walk, not many people are prepared to do it so it's likely you'll have all to yourself !!

• 4 weeks later...

This needs a statement from BASC straight away !!.not sure we have all the facts, clarification needed or it could lead to real publicity problems.

Not sure that BASC has any power to agree or dismiss, only to advise correct me if wrong ?

I agree, a statement/guidance from BASC would be timely.........however, I suspect it is not within the power of the local wildfowlers (or anyone else for that matter) to agree, negotiate or compromise on the legal right in Scotland for the public to access the shore for the purpose of recreation, Wildfowling comes within the meaning of recreation!