Crow's on golf course

HAYBURN

This has probably been covered before, is it legal to shoot crows, rabbits and wood pigeons

for doing serious damage to the greens.

or would it have to be done under public health and disease due to crow/pigeon **** on equipment e.t.c

your input please.

The wood pigeons are unlikely to be harming the greens, but will rise and clear off as soon as you shoot the crows. Night time with the hmr and night vision work for me on the rabbits. In reality the rabbits are the biggest problem for greens and bunkers.

thanks for the feed back guys :good: was talking to a green keeper and he said the crows do serious damage to the green digging for, and keep removing the seed and divots looking for leather jackets

I know you can shoot crow's for damage to crops and livestock,so how does that go with damaging the greens.

Pretty certain there is no allowance to use the GL for 'leisure' uses of land such as you suggest.

However, it would be entirely appropriate to kill or take them to prevent them defecating on greens (health risk), or to improve conservation for wild birds in woodland, etc. near to the course.

As they say, more than one way to skin a cat !

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't count for greens as not agriculture.. and sounds like rooks rather than crows.... stick with conservation of wild birds

I am not convinced killing crows or rooks on a golf course is covered by any of the licenses. Which wild birds would the OP be trying to conserve.

I am not convinced killing crows or rooks on a golf course is covered by any of the licenses. Which wild birds would the OP be trying to conserve.

Songbird conservation by preventing corvids from taking young and eggs. Exactly the same as why we use larsen traps for magpies.

Thanks for all your feedback,just got my first permission to control rabbits on a golf course,went out on Monday at 4.15am had a walk around the course and got two rabbit's with my air arms s410.I had great pleasure in watching the deer running back and forth kicking there back legs it was great.

Edited by HAYBURN