Fox club

WelshMike

Nice one bud ....I've had loads with jackrabbit distress.

Jeff on the other hand hasn't had a single one , doesn't believe me when I say its a great call ...

jeff just to confirm its a great call. :good:

It's a conspiracy between the 2 of you....never in a million years will that call work :no:

Might try it tomorrow night :whistling::lol:

Howay Mike...no4,did you pick it? Still a good night with the 3.Well done Remmy :good:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good night Mike . Did you pick No 4 ?

I'm sure I am getting dementia , keep forgetting things. What remote ? :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

Cheers bud, couldnt find No 4 but they are putting up a new shed and must have moved 1000+ tonnes yesterday so may have given it a good burial

2016-10-25-PHOTO-00000101_zpsctb9noy2.jp

shot this vixen last night after calling for about 30 mins changed to jack rabbit distress and within couple minutes had two foxes come along valley one came straight along stopped him with 50grn bt at 175 yards other sat in hedge at 250 ish before dissappearing,,spotted another on way back to farm but was skylined sat looking at us ,a squeak saw him bolt in opposite direction, tomorrow night it will hopefully cross our path again on.plus side the walk around highlighted alot of rabbits in new spots for us

Nicely done mate

It's a conspiracy between the 2 of you....never in a million years will that call work :no:

Might try it tomorrow night :whistling::lol:

Howay Mike...no4,did you pick it? Still a good night with the 3.Well done Remmy :good:

Cheers mate, have to cal it 3 for the other night as couldnt find no 4. Given its reaction to the shot it wont have survived for long but when it fell down the bank it dropped into a construction site as the farm is putting up a couple of massive buildings.

Sort of off topic lads, but am after advice from people that do what I do. I have just bought a nightmaster 800 turbo. I have two other ir lamps as well so was wondering about putting a coloured led in the nm to go atop the .243 for lamping as I already have a dedicated nv setup.

So any of you who use the nm 800, what colour pill works best for you please? Cheers guys.

Edited by tonker

Sort of off topic lads, but am after advice from people that do what I do. I have just bought a nightmaster 800 turbo. I have two other ir lamps as well so was wondering about putting a coloured led in the nm to go atop the .243 for lamping as I already have a dedicated nv setup.

So any of you who use the nm 800, what colour pill works best for you please? Cheers guys.

White is the best IMO but I also have the red pill which is pretty good as well.

Update from last night.

Headed up to 3 small farms as part of my rounds, drew a blank at 2 of the 3 but went to have a brew with a mate at one of the 3 which makes a nice change as I am lacking in friends :lol: He lost a few ducks recently but looks like a polecat or mink was responsible so he has some traps out. I always tend to set up in one field and use the caller as I can watch 3 fields and have a good backstop for the shot. I climbed the gate into the field and had a quick flick with the lamp, bright eye shine about 70 yards away. Set up the sticks and over to NV to see a fox curled up in the field. Stalked slowly to about 50 yards, first squeak lifted his head, second made him sit up at which point a 58 grain round hit him square in the bib. I was expecting it to be a cub but it was a large dog fox. I will try and post a pic later but computer not playing nicely at the moment.

2016-10-27-PHOTO-00000104_zpsxrjhtkmr.jp

2016-10-27-PHOTO-00000105_zpsa0feeyko.jp

well went out again last night with pal david we climbed over gate into a field david spotted the top fox a vixen heading straight towards us i dropped onto bipod and dropped her at 60 yds ,we pushed on into another field to see a fox with a limp trotting across field not shootable so setoff in pusuit needless to say he out run us wind was off us and no sign of him .next field was on with caller after few minutes calling with the nutty nuthatch spotted a eye but couldnt id where it was so waited ,,... scanned with nv into next field and eyes flying towards hedge into our field told david to get down on gun a fox came blazing in neither of us could stop it dispite shouting and whistling following it with nv showed why its mate was at edge of field so i dropped onto my rifle both were just staring towards caller i dropped the big dog fox david followed second later dropping the vixen both at 110 yards ,we saw 5 foxes in all so more work to do but not bad nights work

2016-10-27-PHOTO-00000104_zpsxrjhtkmr.jp

2016-10-27-PHOTO-00000105_zpsa0feeyko.jp

well went out again last night with pal david we climbed over gate into a field david spotted the top fox a vixen heading straight towards us i dropped onto bipod and dropped her at 60 yds ,we pushed on into another field to see a fox with a limp trotting across field not shootable so setoff in pusuit needless to say he out run us wind was off us and no sign of him .next field was on with caller after few minutes calling with the nutty nuthatch spotted a eye but couldnt id where it was so waited ,,... scanned with nv into next field and eyes flying towards hedge into our field told david to get down on gun a fox came blazing in neither of us could stop it dispite shouting and whistling following it with nv showed why its mate was at edge of field so i dropped onto my rifle both were just staring towards caller i dropped the big dog fox david followed second later dropping the vixen both at 110 yards ,we saw 5 foxes in all so more work to do but not bad nights work

Well done mate. Just out of interest I havent heard of a winged fox and cant see wings in the picture. I have seen plenty run across the field but never fly...may get to see one at some point :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well done mate. Just out of interest I havent heard of a winged fox and cant see wings in the picture. I have seen plenty run across the field but never fly...may get to see one at some point :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

its says wind was off us meaning think he got our scent you nutter :lol::lol: that nv is knacking your eyes :rolleyes:

Good nights work Remmy.

Well done on the right and left..

I had this one last night ............

No calling involved ,just looked over the wall and he was looking at me 50 yds away ... :yes:

hmr%20004_zpsgteovcti.jpg

How did you manage to see him over that wall? Did you take a step up with you bud :lol:

Nice shooting Mark, lovely fox.

Good nights work Remmy.

Well done on the right and left..

I had this one last night ............

No calling involved ,just looked over the wall and he was looking at me 50 yds away ... :yes:

hmr%20004_zpsgteovcti.jpg

nice one mate was it a vixen ,any sign of mating over your way never heard any calling around here yet and not responding to mating calls like they did this time last year,but the pair we got other night were deffo loved up

28 just at minute but just coming into our best months for our area but up on last year so far havent done our other farms yet so numbers should rise steadily , :good: if my mate gets his act together as were 10 short that we should of had :whistling::whistling:

Edited by remmy1100

Got two dogs last night. I've been sitting out for three nights 11pm till 4am waiting for this one. So I changed tactics last night and drove round instead and caught him on a stubble field on his way to a duck dinner. Got him at 65 yards and was very surprised to see another on the same field he was a fair way out but wouldn't come to a squeak so had to take a long shot ( something I try to avoid) he was sitting up with his back to me so a nice target he dropped on the spot at 175 yards.

28 just at minute but just coming into our best months for our area but up on last year so far havent done our other farms yet so numbers should rise steadily , :good: if my mate gets his act together as were 10 short that we should of had :whistling::whistling:

I traditionally struggle through Nov and Dec but know there is a still a few to get which I know of .

Weather tends to be the key at this time of year :yes:

was out last night not much about picked a set eyes up 3 fields away made our way to field not to be seen again went on to back of farm and same again not much about so had drive to were we seen first set of eyes and spotted a set of eyes on other side of field s at about 130 in sugar beet started to move and and was away from us and had look back then hit him smack between the eyes so had two shots all night 1 rabbit and 1 fox happy days DSC_0154_zpse2pus0ra.jpg

was out last night not much about picked a set eyes up 3 fields away made our way to field not to be seen again went on to back of farm and same again not much about so had drive to were we seen first set of eyes and spotted a set of eyes on other side of field s at about 130 in sugar beet started to move and and was away from us and had look back then hit him smack between the eyes so had two shots all night 1 rabbit and 1 fox happy days DSC_0154_zpse2pus0ra.jpg

nice one mate keep up the good work.