Fox club

WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to hear you're up and about after your tooth Jip Mike.

Cheers buddy. First and last tooth problem I hope. Looks like the forecast is a bit rubbish for the rest of this week which is a shame as I have a couple of new farms to go and have a look at. My poor rifle has been sat in the cabinet far to much recently.

I've still not been out after Fox's for coming up to a fortnight now.

I can see my Mrs putting my rifles in the for sale section at this rate.

I know just how you feel mate, nothing worse then cabin fever :)

Brilliant write up and an excellent shot RS. He who dares wins and all that. Nothing wrong with shooting within your capabilities. I couldn't shoot a fox at night at that distance so fair play,

My mate was into long range shooting and I really appreciate the skill involved. Furthest fox he has taken was 537 yards but that was in daylight.

Good job mate, is a different kettle of fish when out actually protecting livestock so the odd shot you wouldn't normally take is needed, the damage foxes can do is often underplayed even by shooters who like to show they have a better moral compass than others but those with livestock do need them killed with extreme prejudice at certain times.

Good job mate, is a different kettle of fish when out actually protecting livestock so the odd shot you wouldn't normally take is needed, the damage foxes can do is often underplayed even by shooters who like to show they have a better moral compass than others but those with livestock do need them killed with extreme prejudice at certain times.

All of the members on here have a perfect moral compass it just points in different directions :lol::lol:

Your very true comment reminds me of the line from Shooter where he comments that the guys moral compass is so f d up that he would be surprised if he could find his way out...or something along those lines

A bit of a short and sweet one tonight. Popped up to have a look at a new permission this afternoon, had a quick walk round and got the paperwork sorted. Planned to give it a good few hours tonight but as I pulled up this evening spots of rain had already started and the wind was increasing noticeably. Just had to hop over a fence to a spot I liked the look of when I walked it earlier. A thickly covered ditch line that ran up the land over to the next farm. Got under a tree and had a sit and wait, didn't have to wait long! Vixen walking down the hedge-line towards me. Let her come in to about 80 yards, gave her a quick squeak and put her down. Heavy with cub by the looks of it so a good one to get off the mark with here. Weather went to hell in a hand cart shortly after so called it an (early) night after an hour.

32885048332_2c21df4344_c.jpg

A bit of a short and sweet one tonight. Popped up to have a look at a new permission this afternoon, had a quick walk round and got the paperwork sorted. Planned to give it a good few hours tonight but as I pulled up this evening spots of rain had already started and the wind was increasing noticeably. Just had to hop over a fence to a spot I liked the look of when I walked it earlier. A thickly covered ditch line that ran up the land over to the next farm. Got under a tree and had a sit and wait, didn't have to wait long! Vixen walking down the hedge-line towards me. Let her come in to about 80 yards, gave her a quick squeak and put her down. Heavy with cub by the looks of it so a good one to get off the mark with here. Weather went to hell in a hand cart shortly after so called it an (early) night after an hour.

32885048332_2c21df4344_c.jpg

Nicely done as usual bud, you are putting some of us to shame :lol::lol: The weather here has been rubbish of late so I couldnt get out again last night though I popped and looked at 2 more pieces of ground (both about 100 acres) which I have just picked up so a bit more to be going at when the weather behaves.

It has been foggy over this way but good to see it cleared for you Tonker.

RS short and sweet but a super pic as allways.

Mike is here tomorrow and the weather looks carp :unhappy: hoping to bag something to post.

Forecast looks a little better now bud. Sun always shines on the righteous :lol::lol::lol: See you later.

As a compromise I have left the velcro suit at home and just brought the gloves in case I cant resist the urge :lol::lol::lol:

my 1st 2 of 2017 dog and vixen one at 170 and one at 130 the second one of the 2 we didn't think we would see it again as we drove in we lamp the 1st two fields and fox looking at me no gun ready or anything so went to were we set guns up and drive around permission for about 2 hours and then went back to 1st field and fox was in same was laid down thinking that we had not seen it stayed very still i sent a 50 grain 222 sako game point on itsDSC_00371_zpstholrl5m.jpg way good night DSC_00391_zpsgfgzjxa6.jpg

Nice shooting B20 welcome to the club for 2017. Out with some Bumpy and some Welsh bloke tonight, just got back. Lots of banter and confusion over shooting hares, trucks, water buts and the like all easily mistaken for foxes on a cold and wet evening. Surprising what looks like 150m to someone looks like just 50m to another :lol:

Picture to follow which will be much better quality than my usual effort. Watch this space :good:

I have to say you can meet some great chaps of PW all sharing the same interests, thanks for coming over Mike it was good to meet you.