Cheerio Scotland!

ElvisThePelvis

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland will not vote for Independence, there may be a knee jerk poll to say so, but it wont happen.

Expect lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth, but the SNP know that a call for a referendum now will result in failure and that writes them off.

There is no viable economic case in Scotland just now, there is already growing resentment to the SNP, they have a minority government.

Scotland is wearly with incessant political campaigning and until there is some sort of certainty around a timescale for Brexit and hownthe relationship with the EU may stack up it is an impossible campaigning position to adopt

Of course the die hard Indy campaigners will be screaming about it, but I believe that it will remain noise.

What Sturgeon has to say in the next day or two will be telling.

Expect Salmond to stoke the fire and then gauge the reaction to him.

In those 2 years Dave support for the SNP will continue to wain.

I wouldn't like to see a referendum in the next 2 months mind

Oh, I quite agree, I just think your fishy pair will attempt to make political gains from this.

And if they do, it could see us gaining and you losing out.

I like to think the Scotish people voted to stay with us at their referendum, Ans altthough they voted to stay with the EU, that was yesterday, will they want to be part of the EU now we are not part of it. ?

And perhaps more important for the EU is who else might want to leave now we have. ?

Scotland and Ireland realise they don't have self sustaining economies and they want to stay in the euro as a mechanism of getting hand outs.

All we need is a wobble in the oil price and thereafter any vote to detach from the rest of the UK will be terminal for the SNP

I like to think the Scotish people voted to stay with us at their referendum, Ans altthough they voted to stay with the EU, that was yesterday, will they want to be part of the EU now we are not part of it. ?

And perhaps more important for the EU is who else might want to leave now we have. ?

Tweet from Donald Tusk

I will also propose to leaders that we start a wider reflection on the future of our Union #euco

There is no viable economic case in Scotland just now, there is already growing resentment to the SNP, they have a minority government.

Scotland is wearly with incessant political campaigning and until there is some sort of certainty around a timescale for Brexit and hownthe relationship with the EU may stack up it is an impossible campaigning position to adopt

Of course the die hard Indy campaigners will be screaming about it, but I believe that it will remain noise.

What Sturgeon has to say in the next day or two will be telling.

Expect Salmond to stoke the fire and then gauge the reaction to him.

Absolutely!

No disrespect to ordinary Scots but the SNP vision of an Independant Scotland is dead! Because without the cash handouts they get from Westminster as part of the U.K. and without the grants from the EU, Scotland hasn't got a pot to urinate in!

And why would a EU without a main contributor such as the UK, want another small country that will need constant financial subsidies to join?

The SNP will not risk another referendum because they will lose spectacularly, the Scottish people are not stupid!

Edited by panoma1

There's certainly going to be an awful lot of positioning and posturing on.. I just hope that the people of the other Home nations are not forced into making a premature decision on their future by the circulating sharks that will inevitably begin to manoeuvre.

The pair of them are not daft, so would be crazy to say too much the now but no doubt will sit back stirring ***** at every oportunity.

They can not just go on having referndums every 3 or 4 years

, costs a fortune and will stop a lot of investment etc

Their mask of invincability is finally beginning to slip at last. They had some pretty major flaws in their manifesto last time esp with currency. Do u really think we can share the pound as a EU/non EU country? No way.

Really we'd be looking to join the euro, no way many will vote for that.

As the wee tory lass said, yes 1.6 mill voted to stay in EU but does that trump the 2 mill that voted to stay part of UK less than 2 yrs ago.

To be fair the whole border thing could well be sorted when we see wot happens with Eire/NI, and u never know i don't think the EU is going to come out off this very well either and can see this euro crisis and immigation/refugee problems getting worse. And can mibee see other countries following suit atleast with a vote

Some parts of France think it was the northern areas were talking about leaving the EU a wile back wernt they.?

They reckon most of france is about 61% euro sceptic or so i read somewhere this morning. Reckon there far right are going to do very well at elections next year

The pair of them are not daft, so would be crazy to say too much the now but no doubt will sit back stirring sh*te at every oportunity.

They can not just go on having referndums every 3 or 4 years

, costs a fortune and will stop a lot of investment etc

Their mask of invincability is finally beginning to slip at last. They had some pretty major flaws in their manifesto last time esp with currency. Do u really think we can share the pound as a EU/non EU country? No way.

Really we'd be looking to join the euro, no way many will vote for that.

As the wee tory lass said, yes 1.6 mill voted to stay in EU but does that trump the 2 mill that voted to stay part of UK less than 2 yrs ago.

To be fair the whole border thing could well be sorted when we see wot happens with Eire/NI, and u never know i don't think the EU is going to come out off this very well either and can see this euro crisis and immigation/refugee problems getting worse. And can mibee see other countries following suit atleast with a vote

Exactly and if they have any sense they will let sleeping dogs lay.

She is on the news now saying she is going to put in place systems for a second referendum

She is determined to make sure she follows up on the fact that Scotland voted to remain in Europe

"Independence referendum highly likely"

Watch this space

:shaun:

She is on the news now saying she is going to put in place systems for a second referendum

She is determined to make sure she follows up on the fact that Scotland voted to remain in Europe

Watch this space

shes on drugs, let her go and see how they get on

Bloody hell, i didnae think see would but she pretty much has came out and declared it and withing the 2 year timescale.

I imagine she'll want to try to keep as part of EU so not strictly speaking a new member state.

Talk of London going solo aswell, well according to her anyway

Last thing scotland or UK need at moment (and i actually believe in independence), really need stability not more uncertainty

"Independence referendum highly likely"

Watch this space

Let her do so on the strict understanding that she pays for it in its entirety