Shooting Bench

steve_b_wales

Looks a little short on the back end Steve. Looks ideal for a bit of plinking but not sure about bench rest

I agree mate. I bought mine for when I do a spot of target shooting up the farm. I was using a home made one from an old black & decker workmate with a board clamped on top, so this one will be a vast improvement. I have been looking at the possibility of clamping a bigger board on top of the table if need be.

I agree mate. I bought mine for when I do a spot of target shooting up the farm. I was using a home made one from an old black & decker workmate with a board clamped on top, so this one will be a vast improvement. I have been looking at the possibility of clamping a bigger board on top of the table if need be.

I do very much like the look of it steve, i looked at it at one of the shows last year, however, i have one i made a few years ago but now i have stumbled upon plans for the slot together bench thats made from one sheet of 25mm marine ply. just need to find time to make it now.

I do very much like the look of it steve, i looked at it at one of the shows last year, however, i have one i made a few years ago but now i have stumbled upon plans for the slot together bench thats made from one sheet of 25mm marine ply. just need to find time to make it now.

I've seen plans for 'slot together' shooting benches. If I could leave a bench on my ground without it being stolen, then I would make one myself.

A home-made shooting bench has been my list of projects for a while now and I'm intrigued about this slot together idea! Would you mind sharing the plans that you have? I'm fairly handy with woodwork and have a good selection of tools for the job. Thanks in advance.

A home-made shooting bench has been my list of projects for a while now and I'm intrigued about this slot together idea! Would you mind sharing the plans that you have? I'm fairly handy with woodwork and have a good selection of tools for the job. Thanks in advance.

Here's a few links:

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/08/free-shooting-bench-plans-fourteen-do-it-yourself-designs/

http://www.free-diy-plans.com/plans-shooting-bench.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/craftantix/shooting-bench-plans/

My shooting bench arrived today and I'm really impressed with it!

I'd fully expected to have to assemble it from a thousand chinese pieces but no, it comes ready assembled.

It cleverly folds down upon itself to fit within a box approximately 4'6" x 2' x 6" and takes literally seconds to set up. This means it can readily be folded back down for easy storage and transportation.

It is pretty stable and made from good quality materials as far as I can ascertain - yes it's basic in construction but there's much to be said for that because it works as it should.

The barrel rest is not only height-adjustable, but it can be swiveled across horizontall to suit right or left handed shooters or to account for targets at an angle from the front of the table.

The table part is made of a firmly padded material and is comfortable and functional.

So yeah, I think this is a very good buy and fine value for money.

Thanks for the heads-up Steve!

Cheers,

John.

Edited by Okrang

My shooting bench arrived today and I'm really impressed with it!

I'd fully expected to have to assemble it from a thousand chinese pieces but no, it comes ready assembled.

It cleverly folds down upon itself to fit within a box approximately 4'6" x 2' x 6" and takes literally seconds to set up. This means it can readily be folded back down for easy storage and transportation.

It is pretty stable and made from good quality materials as far as I can ascertain - yes it's basic in construction but there's much to be said for that because it works as it should.

The barrel rest is not only height-adjustable, but it can be swiveled across horizontall to suit right or left handed shooters or to account for targets at an angle from the front of the table.

The table part is made of a firmly padded material and is comfortable and functional.

So yeah, I think this is a very good buy and fine value for money.

Thanks for the heads-up Steve!

Cheers,

John.

One thing that I did not like with the bench, is the clips that you have to press in to allow it to fold flat. I found them too hard to press, and they did not go in far enough. I've removed the clips and soon, will be fitting a metal bar with spring clip instead. Far easier and quicker.

One thing that I did not like with the bench, is the clips that you have to press in to allow it to fold flat. I found them too hard to press, and they did not go in far enough. I've removed the clips and soon, will be fitting a metal bar with spring clip instead. Far easier and quicker.

I should have added that my mate, 'Verminator 66' has made me the bar to fit the bench. :good:

Made this for mine instead of them squeeze

Pins

Much better

thats a nice solution to a problem that i thought was perhaps only on the bench i bought !!

i felt that the push pin things are a bit of a fiddle but, as i only have to do it maybe once a week, i didnt worry too much about it

but if you find yourself making any more of those pins il buy a couple :good:

thats a nice solution to a problem that i thought was perhaps only on the bench i bought !!

i felt that the push pin things are a bit of a fiddle but, as i only have to do it maybe once a week, i didnt worry too much about it

but if you find yourself making any more of those pins il buy a couple :good:

can do if you want send me a pm

Won't till be next week now

Yeah, I'm with you on that one Steve but it's more of an inconvenience than a problem really.

If it starts to annoy me I'll be copying the idea of fitting a pin instead!