my home made wing spreader

Wing spreaders look great as J Dog says the arms could do with being a bit shorter though try a dead bird on them and you will see what size to shorten them too 👍 I made some a while ago at my old workplace out of the springy wire that weld wire feeds into the robot welders through great stuff plus being spring you can fold them up to an extent.

Atvb Dave

Cheers. The wing spreaders are fully adjustable both in length and angling out the arms. The arms are 6mm steel rod think electrical cable connectors crimped onto them. They are solid and dont move. The croc clips are soldered on to 6mm rod.

I made the pigeon magnet as well. 12 volt wiper motor. Main body of magnet is 316L stainless steel ( from work lol) 12volt yuasa battery aerosol sprayed in primer and then mat green.

I started off going to selby game show many years ago (15 years maybe) and looking at pigeon magnets and thought I can make them better than that ?

I bought 20 motors worked out at £4 each brand new

Most of steel was from scrap bins at work for that was free

Nuts buts etc was pennies

Thumb screws cost similar along with croc clips

Paint few quid a can

Yuasa batteries was free. Ex Wife at the time works at a place that fit disabled patient hoists and service engineers whether they needed them or not replaced the batteries so I was flooded out with boxes and boxes of good condition 12 volt 7Ah.

Not in the pic but I got a guy from ebay called PC wizard to make me variable speed controllers at £8 each

Build time was about 3 hours ish per magnet and prices set me back about £14 each

Sold all twenty within weeks made a good profit

Down side was the weight ! but they are soild and very strong