Scone

Tam

Hi tam, I happen to have 3 in the freezer I can defrost and take them with me on Friday , Jim.

Jim, if you can take one good one that would be great - do you know Paul - where to take it ? Think he is on Fishermans Row

On Friday it was mince, it took an hour to cross Perth and get in from the A9 roundabout at 9.20, and the same back again at 3.30 home, best go straight through the town I'd say.

Take plenty of dirty shoes, everyone wants to shine your shoes this year ***.

On Friday it was mince, it took an hour to cross Perth and get in from the A9 roundabout at 9.20, and the same back again at 3.30 home, best go straight through the town I'd say.

Take plenty of dirty shoes, everyone wants to shine your shoes this year ***.

I laughed at one of the shoe shine guys who by mid afternoon had necked a dozen tins of lager, he offered to shine a woman's pink trainers 😀

Wast muddy at all on sunday. Last time i was at game fair was 10 years ago. Theres not the same stalls selling fishing and ahooting stuff now. I guess the expense puts a lot of smaller businesses off.

I remeber in the past looking down fishermans row and seeing hundreds of rods on show however yesterday it was much smaller scale.

Still spent much more than I should have though!

Wast muddy at all on sunday. Last time i was at game fair was 10 years ago. Theres not the same stalls selling fishing and ahooting stuff now. I guess the expense puts a lot of smaller businesses off.

Been going for approx 15 years but stopped last year as it doesnt seem the same show regarding gear and deals.

Still think its a good day oot but we go away for a week at least for less money than a weekend cost for the show so prefer that.

First time I'd been to Scone. The family really enjoyed the day out. Family ticket was reasonable, food and drink was a bit steep but no dearer than other similar shows.

Saved a few quid on a few bits and bobs and traffic in and out was well managed.

Will go again.

First time I'd been to Scone. The family really enjoyed the day out. Family ticket was reasonable, food and drink was a bit steep but no dearer than other similar shows. You from dalkeith??

Saved a few quid on a few bits and bobs and traffic in and out was well managed.

Will go again.

Agree with you that the family ticket is good value, the larger shooting and fishing companies dont travel up now as finacially not worth it for them.

Edited by novice cushie shooter

Used to go every year since I was a kid but haven't been in last three years. Went with wife and kids on Saturday and it's definitely getting a lot smaller with fewer stalls . Fishermans row used to have a massive selection of rods but agree it's now really small.

Saying that we had a great day and kids loved it. Sealpin Gundogs were doing an interactive lesson and demo where people from the crowd could take their dog in and get advice from gundog trainer whilst he commentated for the crowd. I thought this was brilliant .

Everyone knows the Internet is now the place for bargains but I think the game fairs are still a brilliant day out and if we don't go we will lose them.

Thanks to Pigeon shooter for the tickets .