Range Rover SV R

steve_b_wales

While waiting for my vehicle to be repaired at Stratstone Cardiff, there was one of the above vehicles in, ready for the customer to collect. The sound of the 5ltr engine was superb. The price for this particular one, which was made to the customers specifications, - a mere £154.000.

Here's a video clip of one in action: http://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles/range-rover-sport/range-rover-sport-svr/index.html

I watched 2 videos from that link and have to say they are probably the worst promotional videos I have seen.

The first showing the blue car doesn't hold a camera shot for mor than a couple of seconds and made me feel ill after a couple of minutes of watching.

The second, based at the Nurburgring was similar but also seemed like it was being played at 2x speed making it unrealistic.

On the odd occassion the interior of the car was shown it did look very nice and a car with that kind of power its going to be a lovely motorway cruiser. but I think £154000 is too much money to take off roading or pull a horse box. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that will pay it though!!

Have to say though that It's amazing what the boys at Land Rover have done to make a car capable of off roading perform so well on the track.

The owner of the company across the road from us has one, he is selling as its not fun to drive. Bearing in mind he is a car nut and had much faster I gather its the weight mixed with the power makes you think you are going to stick it through a hedge all the time. Sounds fantastic though and definitely not like a range rover, from what I gather he has owned it 6 months and will make money selling it

Edited by al4x