Series 3 noise

la bala

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-700 quid.....................i dream of going to an auction and buying a crate of landrover capstan winches.............................

my old man was a total idiot....i hated him and he hated me...........he went to an army auction in the late 60's and bid on some tools which he got for 5 quid....when he went to get them they were in a big crate...he looked in the crate and saw 2 new unassembled army motor bikes....he took the tools and the auctioneer told him to take the other stuff...he said he wasnt interested cause he couldnt get them in the car....then we drove off............................what a jerk eh !

6-700 quid.....................i dream of going to an auction and buying a crate of landrover capstan winches.............................

my old man was a total idiot....i hated him and he hated me...........he went to an army auction in the late 60's and bid on some tools which he got for 5 quid....when he went to get them they were in a big crate...he looked in the crate and saw 2 new unassembled army motor bikes....he took the tools and the auctioneer told him to take the other stuff...he said he wasnt interested cause he couldnt get them in the car....then we drove off............................what a jerk eh !

Now that would have been a bargain :yes:

Just come back from the Stourport steam rally, nice series one 88" with rear pto fitted and working a small thresher. Don't like the 88" s1, out of proportion, but still nice to see it working.

Nice to see old stuff working :good:

Just put gearbox mounts on, heavy lifting machines should be here about 5-30. Hoping to get everything back on tomorrow then get out on the rabbits. I bet they have missed me :lol:

have you got new mountings ................

done the rear propshaft will do the front one during the week ....then do the wheel bearings.....they are Timkin and come as a kit £30 / side.....

Sorted now, what a stupid old fool. :no::/

ive done some stupid things.....i rebuilt 3 HR3 listers ..all at the same time...they were off mobile crushers and it was the xmas break.....did all 3 at the same time...and used plasi gauge for the clearances...now that is didication for you

finished t5hem all at the same time ...NONE OF THEM WOULD START !!!!!!! took me 2 days of taking them apart and god knows what...only to find out i was starting them backwards.....the "dog" on the handle the split pin had come out and the dog had turned 180deg's

what a total and utter ****......................... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: so dont feel too bad...there are worse ones about...

ive done some stupid things.....i rebuilt 3 HR3 listers ..all at the same time...they were off mobile crushers and it was the xmas break.....did all 3 at the same time...and used plasi gauge for the clearances...now that is didication for you

finished t5hem all at the same time ...NONE OF THEM WOULD START !!!!!!! took me 2 days of taking them apart and god knows what...only to find out i was starting them backwards.....the "dog" on the handle the split pin had come out and the dog had turned 180deg's

what a total and utter ****......................... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: so dont feel too bad...there are worse ones about...

I tell you what ditchman, them 3 cylinders Listers took some swinging over in a cold winter if they hadnt got winter wieght oil in. :lol:

If I remember correctly, and it's been a long time since fitting them, the od takes the place of the primary gear on the transfer box input shaft. IE, power comes out of g/box output shaft and into transfer box input shaft, there's the primary gear on this shaft that is part of the high / low system. The overdrive replaces this and gives another high / low range externally and transmits it back into the transfer box whilst keeping the original high / low. It's really just another transfer box bolted to the back of the original.