Tax Sorn

countryman

My understanding is that as you are the new keeper it has to be sorned in your name (if that makes sense) same as tax being ended as soon as you sell and new keeper has to tax straight away.

It's free and simple to do online so why not anyway.

My understanding is that as you are the new keeper it has to be sorned in your name (if that makes sense) same as tax being ended as soon as you sell and new keeper has to tax straight away.

It's free and simple to do online so why not anyway.

As said, whatever the old owner had it on (taxed or SORN), it expires on the date of sale and you must re-apply.

I had this with my Landy when I bought it last august. There I was, all keen to obey the letter of the law and I couldn't do it on line! I cannot remember what it wanted but I think it was the number off the V5c or the tax reminder (that I didn't have for obvious reasons). I just waited till the V5c turned up and did it then. Bunch of numpties at the DVLA. I have a mate that is a museum trustee and you wouldn't believe the crackers the DVLA pulls