You all can't be too busy! Sporting Clay Shoot 09/07/16 - Hert

Redm0002

Only 15 guns turned up for the last shoot, yet I regularly get 100+ views of these posts.

£15 for a 60 bird shoot over a challenging and scenic ground.

Fibre wad cartridges available for £4:50/25 box.

Tea/coffee on the ticket. Bacon rolls etc can be purchased.

12:30 start, last ticket 16:00.

It has to be better than shopping (I won't say with the wife, because women are very welcome to come and shoot), cutting the grass, decorating or watching football.

Sorry no postcode for the sat nav. See my earlier posts for details/directions or drop me a reply.

See you there, hopefully.

It looks a great place, plus the big ford if you have a decent 4x4.

Saturday shooting is always going to be a problem, I work alternate Saturdays and all the dates clash with my work dates, I'm sure I'm not the only Saturday worker.

It's also the same weekend I have a Sunday shoot with my club, but one shoot in the morning and one in the afternoon isn't too terrible if it shifted to the Sunday.

Edited by Wymondley

The shoot is held every other Saturday right through the year, so the next one will be on 23/07/16, then 2 weeks after that, etc, etc. So please check your diaries.

As said, people would like to come but are either working or committed to other things. Just another 5-10 guns would make a difference.

What tends to happen is that the regulars all turn up and shoot at 12:30 and are gone by 14:00. That leaves us sitting around until 16:00 when we decide enough is enough and pack away.

Re: the Fords. If you come to the site from the Redbourn to St Albans road (the Redbournbury Mill turn) there are two fords to cross, which at times can be deep, so a 4x4 would be an advantage (I won't say essential, I know some like a challenge).

The dry way is to come down Beesonend Lane off of the Harpenden to St Albans road. That way there is only a corner of one of the fords to drive through. My mate does this in a BMW Z4 every week.

A home and away competition is being arranged with AGL at Markyate, so that might be an incentive to come and have a try.

Martin

Edited by Redm0002