i am mainly doing U/J's

ditchman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ditchman - good idea about guides for the bell-housing. Made myself one for changing car wheels. It's a pain trying to line the holes up. Why did they do away with studs and nuts?

i have some spare studs from the re-build....they are 9.7mm thick...i have some roundbar...same thickness will weld 2 studs to 2 bits of roundbar about 4"inches long then turn them down a bit and put 2 "flats" on the end of each of them and put a gentle point on them.......

then when it is time to push it back together screw them in left and right side....the gently push the engine lift in.....i will be underneath the bell housing with a ratchet strap...and the engine lift will be on flat 1" board....then i will guide them in so all i have to do is at the last min...is to lower or drop the gearbox on the jack...and turn the engine about 4mm so the splines line up................

what do you rekon.........?

Just got the gearbox sorted on the landy. Got in the wifes Astra today, turned key, nada. Everything to do with electrics working, there is full power at starter, checked all fuses, starter not jammed..All dash lights working as norm. What do you think?, ignition switch. How i hate modern cars. :lol:

Bendix.................................get her to turn the starter key to start then hit the starter motor with the starting handle..........check if the field wire has come off

Funny you should say that Simon, i was just sitting on the patio with the Mrs and i said, in the morning you can turn the key and i will give the starter a good whack :lol: , isnt it amazing when you have modern cars you forget the old fixes. It was the thing in the old days, rock it to make sure starter wasnt jammed, if that didnt work, give the starter a good clout. :lol::lol: