discovery 2 TD5 owners

viking

what are your symptoms?

cheers cos :good::good:

The throttle goes 'dead' after or during hard acceleration or hill climbing, almost like a speed limiter. It's also slow to pick up from idle when pulling away. I've had all the filters done, including crankcase breather. The MAF sensor is my last hope.

sound like you may be in luck, sounds very much like mine, have you tried un clipping it like i did, it worked ok un clipped but obviously better with the new part and clipped up,

No, to be honest I've tried everything else and the MAF sensor has a reputation for failure so may as well change it anyway given 111,000 miles on the clock.

Do you know anybody with Nanocom or Testbook? Better to see what flow rate readings you're getting before you fit a new one. If you do decide to replace the MAF sensor it's a good idea to stick with Siemens/VDO parts rather some Chinese made cheapie. You might get away with just a good clean of the element but be careful - they're fragile.

Do you know anybody with Nanocom or Testbook? Better to see what flow rate readings you're getting before you fit a new one. If you do decide to replace the MAF sensor it's a good idea to stick with Siemens/VDO parts rather some Chinese made cheapie. You might get away with just a good clean of the element but be careful - they're fragile.

My mate at the garage wanted to hook it up and test it but I'd rather just change it. Not getting an eBay cheapie, I'd rather do the job once then forget it.

Had the same problem myself the genuine LandRover part should cost £60 +vat + fitting.

I was quoted £300 for the Landrover bit!!! Think someone had his wires crossed 🤔 Edited by Glenlivet

• 1 month later...