What happened to Plaswads?

From the late 60,s through to the end of the eighties you could buy Plaswads made here in the UK. Plaswads was the brand name for wads made by Pete Houseman? in Nottingham...He was also back in the 70,s, the Ponsness warren agency. I bought my first machine from him. I heard a rumour in the 90,s that he was no longer around (deceased?) and that someone in Norfolk had bought the machinery to start production again....then the rumour was that they needed new dies, and it was not going to be cost-effective! I still have a couple of thousand Plaswads, and still rate them as good as anything around today. In fact, the design was so good, that by coincidence???? Winchester have a similar design......Has anybody got any knowledge of this? Cheers

Jings didn't know he was still trading.

Exactly the impression I got following the very many attempts, spread over several years, of answering his adverts in the shooting press, etc.

More chance of Lord Lucan winning the next Tour de France riding Shergar than getting products from him!

just been talking to the chap who has the dies , he is hoping to get things up and running in a few weeks , will let you know when i know more.

Great news!

The more British made kit we can use the better, as the UK is at the very long end of the supply chain when it comes to US kit.

Fingers crossed that he prices them to be cost effective against the other EU brands, from the Italians especially.

You don't know who has the recipe book & dies to start churning out Nobel 80 & 82 I suppose? :whistling:

The one thing the UK is presently lacking is a supplier of home produced reloading powders.

Great news!

The more British made kit we can use the better, as the UK is at the very long end of the supply chain when it comes to US kit.

Fingers crossed that he prices them to be cost effective against the other EU brands, from the Italians especially.

You don't know who has the recipe book & dies to start churning out Nobel 80 & 82 I suppose? :whistling:

The one thing the UK is presently lacking is a supplier of home produced reloading powders.

Especially if we could buy it at the price that it used to be. I can remember paying £1 for a one pound can retail. after the plant blew up the price of powder and reloading bits went sky high.

Great news!

They still make Nobel Powders, they just don't sell in in small amounts anymore as it ceased to be cost effective to distribute.

I'll be happy to part with some cash if someone wants to part with that book

I still got few tins of 80, 82 and 84 back in Italy so, could put the book to good use :lol:

Floats around on AbeBooks.co.uk regularly for about a fiver or so.

Great little book.....got my copy on ebay...opened it to see the seller was Bill Harriman!

Great news!

I stocked up with the Nobel powders years ago..... kept in a cool dry place. When I open one, it,s as good as the day it was made...Nobel powders, Plaswads, CCI primers and an ounce and an eight of lead......those were the days!

If you manage to get Plaswads i have a load of reloading info in here with Nobel 80/82, it might be a bit dated some of it might be useful

100_0571_zps2mwumutg.jpg

I still have the original Plaswads book, if anyone wants a copy taking?

They still make Nobel Powders, they just don't sell in in small amounts anymore as it ceased to be cost effective to distribute.

Strange how the other powder manufacturers can still make a profit from reloaders, but Nobel couldn,t? Sack the marketing manager!

I'll be happy to part with some cash if someone wants to part with that book

I still got few tins of 80, 82 and 84 back in Italy so, could put the book to good use :lol:

I have the info somewhere for these powders...

• 5 months later...

Great news!

Hi, Have you still got the P/W600 frame?

Hi, Have you still got the P/W600 frame?

I could give you cash, and maybe a full tin of Nobel 80 ?

Floats around on AbeBooks.co.uk regularly for about a fiver or so.

Great little book.....got my copy on ebay...opened it to see the seller was Bill Harriman!

If you still have the P/W 600 frame, would you do a deal for cash and a tin of Nobel 80 powder?