Contact lenses - Daily

Fabhui

I'm having an eye test this week and having a contact lense trial too.

I was wondering where PW contact lense daily wearers buy their contacts online?

Who would people recommend as being good on price, comfort and service?

Cheers.

I have recently started using lenstore and been impressed by the price and service.

I have been using contacts for years and went through specsavers direct debit scheme which is good as you get free eye test etc. Reason I stopped is I get a big build up over the summer months as I can't wear lenses while I have hayfever.

If you haven't used them before then be prepared for bouts of anger and frustration in the first couple of weeks.

Fiddly things to get in and out at first.

Magic when you get used to them.

Can't help you on price as I get mine from local opticians.

I only wear them when shooting or boating.

If you haven't used them before then be prepared for bouts of anger and frustration in the first couple of weeks.

Be careful wearing them boating. A colleague of mine did just the same as you, got an eyeful of seawater and some got behind the lens. It set off such a severe infection he nearly lost his eye, and now has impaired vision I believe.

My wife uses the specsavers direct debit scheme but like ferguson_tom says you seem to get a stockpile of them if you dont wear them daily. She was very fustrated the first couple of weeks trying to put them in but now its second nature. Ocassionaly she will also get one that tears when putting in and that can be a nightmare trying to get a thin piece of contact lens out of the eye, however she much prefers them to glasses.

They go from I think £25-£42 for a month, as we speak I'm trialing the new ACUVUE TruEye at specsavers, they are incredible I think, I'll just buy them 30 pairs at a time as the last time I did the DD scheme I ended up with 100+ pairs rapidly as I only wear them for shooting and a few other things

I'm having an eye test this week and having a contact lense trial too.

I was wondering where PW contact lense daily wearers buy their contacts online?

Who would people recommend as being good on price, comfort and service?

Cheers.

Get mine from http://www.contactlenses.co.uk

Excellent service, free postage, next day delivery, & cheap.

I'm trialing the new ACUVUE TruEye

On special ATM, £22.

I have recently started using lenstore and been impressed by the price and service.

I have been using contacts for years and went through specsavers direct debit scheme which is good as you get free eye test etc. Reason I stopped is I get a big build up over the summer months as I can't wear lenses while I have hayfever.

Specsaver will allow you to suspend your payments if you have an excess build up

Exactly the same for me, I just can't read in mine as i have to wear them for distance and my arms are not that long..

Go and fit yourself out with a pair of 'off the shelf' half round reading glasses. Boots sell them.

To wear with the lenses? never thought of that, will they correct them? I didn't think that you could wear two prescriptions at once.

To wear with the lenses? never thought of that, will they correct them? I didn't think that you could wear two prescriptions at once.

The lenses only correct your long vision. A set of the cheapo reading glasses, they are only magnifying glasses, let you see close up.

Just hang them on the end of your nose so that you can see over the top. Work well in the car as you can see the instruments but also the road.

These glasses are well beloved by more senior airline pilots. Most ware them.

Well had my eye test and contact lense trial this morning.

Pretty fiddly to get in but I don't seem to have too much problem taking them out.

Will have a look at those websites now to see how much I can save buying online.

Righto, i trailed around 10 lenses over 4 months at costco and my eyes are suited to clariti one day ones. Cheapest is from vision direct. I dont wear at work so use abt 14 pairs per month so a dd scheme is no good to me. Take your time and ensure theyre right. Not evreyones eyes are suited to lenses.