number plates

ditchman

Double check because it is now 26yrs since I put on a funny hat, but I seem to remember the regulations stated once you changed to reflectives, you could not go back. Better safe than sorry ...mind no body out there these days to see you and probably wouldn't know their **** from their elbow on the subject anyway. Personally I like to see the old black and silvers on a classic, tidy.

Double check because it is now 26yrs since I put on a funny hat, but I seem to remember the regulations stated once you changed to reflectives, you could not go back. Better safe than sorry ...mind no body out there these days to see you and probably wouldn't know their **** from their elbow on the subject anyway. Personally I like to see the old black and silvers on a classic, tidy.

That is correct, when reflective plates were introduced the exemption was only for existing plates not existing vehicles. If you fitted new plates, like after an accident, they had to be reflective.

In the years after reflective plates were introduced a lot of older cars had them fitted simply because it made the car look newer But like you say who is going to know?

Edited by Vince Green