Chris Packham/Grouse Shooting - Merged Threads

Savhmr

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All shooters need to get behind this and contact every shooter they know. If grouse shooting dies a death then as sure as eggs is eggs, all game shooting will go. This would mean the hotels in my small town would be hard hit at a time when there is little tourism. Lost income means lost jobs.

The science regarding the risk of lead shot in game eaten as part of the human diet has been proved, yet Packham insists pedalling his false claims that eating game is toxic.

A concerted effort by all is needed, to show the general public that the the RSPB control foxes and other vermin to achieve their aims, but don't advertise the fact, and again, despite all that the antis claim, land keepered for shooting in more cases than not, has a much more diverse range of all species, and in many cases even raptors are having better breeding success than land managed by some so called animal welfare charities for that specific purpose. They deliberately choose emotive subjects to garner financial support. It's time the gloves came off.

Have a look at the Songbird Trust for example; they don't have much good to say about the RSPB.

If you're indifferent to the future of shooting, then do nothing; that's all it takes.

Edited by Scully

Packham knows full well that some of these petitions against his views are circulating, he's probably read BASC's recent response on his Mirror article as all such people tend to be quite organised with their campaigns. I wouldn't dismiss Packham out of hand as many on here seem willing to do. He is a dangerous man and his insidious views are widely publicised by many media organisations including the BBC, so millions of people ignorant of the facts are influenced by this man. We need to do all that we can to defend grouse shooting and land management which is all about conservation.

I have no doubt that this issue hasn't reached it's climax yet and that his ultimate aim is to hit the headlines with it. I'm sure that BASC are ready to brief the BBC and others with our side of the argument and more importantly to highlight some of the gross errors and mis-truths this man seems only too happy to spout.

Already voted against the duffus dingle,theres a email from BASC asking everyone to vote against capt fascist as this is the 2nd attempt by the creature to force others to do as he says using the daily mirror <commie rag>.He doesnt half pile on the lies and half truths to suit his needs and the problem is some people believe him

Clicked the NO button.

Question...............How come we never see the results of these DM polls? There have been a fair few over the last couple of years or so. Could it be they didn't get the result they wanted, or have I just missed it.

25% Yes 75% No when I voted

Second reply down , says it all about the ****

9 minutes ago

Owdcrabbe

Packham is being less than honest again just as he was about spring hunting in Malta.This is just an attack on all shooting sports by an increasingly fanatical animal rights campaigner.Moors managed for grouse shooting support biodiversity as is clearly shown by the number of hen harrier nests successfully fledging on or adjacent to grouse moors,the majority of failures were on RSPB reserves.