Perfect Camo Net

Thinking of updating my gear and I know this has 'sort of' been asked before, but is there such a thing as one net that copes with all circumstances, i.e winter woodland edge, summer hedge line and so on - i guess the minimal would be two patterns to allow for woodland/hedges and one for harvested areas, if not in/on the hedge?

Yours thought please.

• 3 weeks later...

Get yourself a stealth net and use in any situation. You can always add some natural vegetation if you feel you need to, but really not necessary.

Actually I just remembered. I have an army net which is brown one side and green the other. You could try looking for one of those if you really wanted to; but they are bulky and heavy.

Edited by Cosd

In the Winter I tend to use a dessert storm net down the marsh when the reeds turn light Brown and in the Summer whatever nets I have got in my sack and how far I have got to walk , and to be truthful , I don't think it really make a lot of difference weather it is a Winter net , Summer net or whatever time of the year net you are using , by being a bit adaptable and using a few handfuls of what vegetation is near by I am sure pigeons are not to worried about your net , what decoys and contraptions you have got out in front of it , well that's a different kettle of fish :yes:

Get yourself a stealth net and use in any situation. You can always add some natural vegetation if you feel you need to, but really not necessary.

Actually I just remembered. I have an army net which is brown one side and green the other. You could try looking for one of those if you really wanted to; but they are bulky and heavy.

Ah.......but there are so many that all claim to be better than the others! Any suggestions as to which one??

Ah.......but there are so many that all claim to be better than the others! Any suggestions as to which one??

My personal opinion is that the standard colour stealth nets are the best. Very light, good cover, the inside mesh is tight which means your gun doesn't get tangled in it, and they are very compact when folded down.

I have 2 of the standard green ones and use them 99% of the times i shoot. Even in harvest, if you set up in hedges you still have a green back ground. I have a separate harvest colour net in the event of setting up in the middle of the field, but it isn't used that often, not even every year, and I'm not convinced it makes that much difference.

If you do look at the Stealth net option, be careful as there are loads of rubbish interpretations of them. I've had my first one for around 8+ years and there isn't a tear on it; been caught in brambles and thorns, and its as good as new. The second one i bought 2 or 3 years ago is just as good. Paul Hart on here sells them and a gentleman to deal with..

Cos

My latest was a digital multicam net, suits lots of backgrounds, my source no longer sells them but can occasionally be found elsewhere.

This is the net on the right hand side of the below link (light green base colour) foliage scrim multicam

http://www.kitmonster.co.uk/images/foliage-scrim--multicamo-arid-cam-comparisonl.jpg

My personal opinion is that the standard colour stealth nets are the best. Very light, good cover, the inside mesh is tight which means your gun doesn't get tangled in it, and they are very compact when folded down.

I have 2 of the standard green ones and use them 99% of the times i shoot. Even in harvest, if you set up in hedges you still have a green back ground. I have a separate harvest colour net in the event of setting up in the middle of the field, but it isn't used that often, not even every year, and I'm not convinced it makes that much difference.

If you do look at the Stealth net option, be careful as there are loads of rubbish interpretations of them. I've had my first one for around 8+ years and there isn't a tear on it; been caught in brambles and thorns, and its as good as new. The second one i bought 2 or 3 years ago is just as good. Paul Hart on here sells them and a gentleman to deal with..

Cos

My latest was a digital multicam net, suits lots of backgrounds, my source no longer sells them but can occasionally be found elsewhere.

This is the net on the right hand side of the below link (light green base colour) foliage scrim multicam

http://www.kitmonster.co.uk/images/foliage-scrim--multicamo-arid-cam-comparisonl.jpg

Both very helpful - thank you

My pop up is now covered with everything imaginable, having added stuff as it rotted or got torn over the years. Always add some local natural to blend a bit better, but find pigeons and crows shy away from a bad decoy set more than the colour of the hide net as that is where they are looking in the main. Had twelve reals and four plastics out last week and saw about one in five pigeons jink away, so pulled the plastics and shot fourteen straight in the next 50 minutes. They just did not like those plastics one bit. This last windy/wet Saturday had 14 reals and six plastics plus my plastic flapper and had pigeons landing alongside the flapper !!! You know that word ALWAYS. It don't apply to pigeon shooting OR stalking for that matter.

I used to have the perfect camo net, wonderful in any situation, great against any background................................

..................................Wish I could find it again!

I used to have the perfect camo net, wonderful in any situation, great against any background................................

There always one😜

..................................Wish I could find it again!