Nifty ninety.

JDog

My work finished at 2:30 and I had an appointment at 5:00. How should I fill in the time? I wonder.

On the way to work this morning I saw a few birds on rape stubble so returned there to find a good line in. I was set up by 3:00 on the dot and I imposed a time limit of one and a half hours to shoot and pack up if I was to be on time for my meeting.

Pigeons were all over the place and I had no difficulty in shooting two for the magnet. That did the trick and for ninety minutes I had constant shooting until 4:30. Then I was in a rush.

I picked 90 with two last in standing wheat behind me. This was stubble shooting at its most fast and furious.

That is barrel warming shooting Mr JDog and lets hope your neck or shoulder didn't give you any gip and your meeting was a success .

I went on a barley stubble field with the bales still on just after dinner and for some reason what pigeons were about didn't want to know about joining the decoy pattern or coming into the magnet , after sitting there for nearly an hour and only shot 4 I moved to another stubble field that had been sub soiled but had loads of grain still on the surface and a nice lot pigeons enjoying a free lunch .

I was set up by 5 to 3 and I shot the first pigeon by 3 o clock , the sound of gunfire moved a lot of pigeons and they came in nicely with very little fear , by 4 . 30 I had shot around 30 then the heavens opened up and chucked it down , with me being parked right across the field I was a bit worried about getting stuck as I have only got a two wheel drive so I called it a day with 35 in the bag .

Quite a few young ones in the bag today and I expect even more on the rape stubble which up to now they haven't started on it yet .

We'll JDog, I do hope the 17:00 appointment was not seeing me as I didn't get to the pub until 18:45.......it was a greatly regailed shoot story over a pint and the pictures JDog showed me of the 90 we're amazing. It looked like the battle of the Somme.....great shooting JDog, look forward to getting out on the sky rats myself soon......

Edited by lloydi73