TX200 low on power

Fabhui

A couple of weeks ago I had a go with my TX200 for the first time in ages and noticed it was shooting very low on power.

The last time I used it was after fitting a Welsh Willy tuning kit to it which included a new spring,new piston washer, delrin guide, top hat, power washers etc.

It was only shooting around 4 ft/lb so I replaced it with all the original internals and new breech seals and it's now averaging around 7 ft/lb. It's an improvement but still way under where it needs to be.

Does anyone have any ideas of anything else I can take a look at to increase the power? I have noticed that everytime I've had to take it to bits (which has been a lot just lately!!) the end of the spring is always coiled inside the piston and I have to give it a twisting action to uncoil and release it.

Any tips, help or info would be greatly appreciated.

The sticking spring isn't causing that problem. Check the 'O' ring seals and also try putting the piston just inside the cylinder and letting it drop purely by its own weight. Ideally it should either just stick or drop down very, very slowly. If it drops too quickly the piston washer may need replacing.

The TX and Prosport have very little pre-load. You can push the trigger block in using moderate hand pressure. If you don't need any pressure at all to fit the trigger block then that could be the problem. Some people have reported that removing the piston weight causes a significant power drop. It depends on the spring and other bits fitted though. The V-Mach kit does away with the piston weight, but the original spring would be too short without the added length of the piston weight. Try putting it back in and see what the output is.

If it takes a lot of pressure to replace the trigger block then don't try and force it. Just moderate hand pressure is enough.

Edited by UKPoacher

As you say, I can put the trigger block in using just moderate hand pressure. The piston weight is currently removed as that's the procedure for fitting the WW tuning kit and spring.

I'll put it back in tomorrow when I have a little more time and report back with my findings.

Thanks for all your help UKPoacher, I really appreciate it.

Seems I solved my problem. Stripped the rifle again including the piston seal and breech seals. Gave everything a good clean. Lubed and greased everything up as needed and reassembled with the original piston weight, Titan XS spring, WW delrin guide and large and small power bands. Over a 20 string shot it only had a variation of .2 ft/lb. Happy that it's back to where it should be :-D

post-66420-0-31436400-1470519806_thumb.jpg