FEED WHEAT WANTED

mostly barley and tatties around and to be honest have tried to buy from farms without an introduction and the shutters go up. I don't know if its the thought of strangers around the place or the tax man that puts them off.The stockman and the farmer are going to ask around but I thought I would try my luck on the site also .

we can get it local but used to be only 2 ton at the most so one trip with a couple of vehicles/trailers now we use 4 ton + @ 120 mile round trip So trying to make the feed run and feeding up in one week end so we are not trying to get feed and feeding up during the shoot days . Cos it will end up the same ones doing the running around and feeding up after the shoot day while the others go on to the flight ponds or off home as what happens on most D.I.Y. shoots :lol: .

I changed from buying direct of farm gate to from local feed merchant last season i wouldn't go back.

Yes its a bit dearer but get 1 load delivered for season all pre bagged, in the past i had to run down to farm and get it 1T at a time, usually takes u a whole nite after wrk.

So by the time u add in desiel and time it suiits me better and prob works out cheaper.

Dunno how far east u are but either Solway Agriculture or Tarff Valley may deliver over there, they definately go into borders and meet soways wagons down past alston on way to grouse

I changed from buying direct of farm gate to from local feed merchant last season i wouldn't go back.

Yes its a bit dearer but get 1 load delivered for season all pre bagged, in the past i had to run down to farm and get it 1T at a time, usually takes u a whole nite after wrk.

So by the time u add in desiel and time it suiits me better and prob works out cheaper.

Dunno how far east u are but either Solway Agriculture or Tarff Valley may deliver over there, they definately go into borders and meet soways wagons down past alston on way to grouse

might try this paul and scots lad will search for feed merchants in area not found any under grain store or feed grains.