break barrel scope?

snipers eye

hi folks,what would be a good cheap scope that wont disintegrate on a break barrel air rifle?thanks

I honestly can't ever remember breaking a scope with any gun and I've had a few parful ones too. Tell a lie, the 4x20 on my first BSA Airsporter broke its reticule but that could have happened if you coughed too loud, nasty things.

If you filled in what part of the country you were in, SnipersEye, you might well find that someone in you neck of the woods would give you a shout to come over and try a selection of rifles with a selection of scopes so that rather than rely on anecdotal evidence, you got first hand experience. If you're in anywhere near me, feel free to shout up and come out for a plinking session.

From personal experience, I can vouch for Simmons and the couple of hawke scopes if I have. Saying that, the bulk of my air guns are PCP and have a selection of MTC, Hawke and something I can't remember but it was as cheap as chips. I only have one springer that I know works (a Cometa 300) but I do have an HW35 (in bits) which was gifted to me. It has a scope but to be honest I'd rely on open sights rather than the tube of **** it's sporting...