bloody car insurance

remmy1100

jjust had my car insurance double after small bump (300) renewal came in at £675 from £344 lost my no claims from 14 yrs down to 4 years and what I dont get is if youve got 4 yrs ncb and have a bump you drop to 2 yrs ncb if youve more than 6yrs you drop to 4 yrs so two year drop or 10yrs gone ,also you get 38% discount for 14 yrs and 28% for 4 yrs no increase at 5 yrs so my by my reckoning even £344 +38%=£474 so where do they pull £675 from seems like discounts dont make sense if my 4yrs ncb is 28% surely thats a raise of 10% on premium

What I don't get is that NCD can only be used on one policy at a time. Surely it proves you're a careful driver, therefor should work on multiple policies. As it stands, I can have a **** load of accidents in one car but still have NCD on another policy.

yeah surely not worth goiung over 5 years without claiming as youll just end up at 4 anyway lol

When I get an insurance renewal I ring up and get a quote asif I'm a new customer and every time it's saved me a few HUNDRED Pounds. I then say why is my renewal not this cheap and they say "well we can give it to you at this lower price"!!!!! To me that's just as much of a scam as any criminal would try and pull. So every renewal guys ring up/ go online and get a new customer quote and it'll probably be cheaper than your renewal price.

not yet mate got until end of month

When my renewal came through this month it had gone up £70 even though I turned 25 and had no claims in last 6 years. There excuse was that there had been a lot of accidents this year so everyone's premiums gone up. I said no thanks and then they offered me a better price. Would save so much staff resources if they offered it in the first place.

It's like a yearly game for me

When my renewal came through this month it had gone up £70 even though I turned 25 and had no claims in last 6 years. There excuse was that there had been a lot of accidents this year so everyone's premiums gone up. I said no thanks and then they offered me a better price. Would save so much staff resources if they offered it in the first place.

It's like a yearly game for me

I play their game every year, eventually one of the firms will get my business!

The excuse my insurance company used for the £200 increase in premium was that insurance tax had increased from 6% to 9.5%. Basic mathematical calculations are obviously beyond their ability.

Try every insurance company you can. They have absolutely no loyalty to you, so don't feel obliged to show any loyalty to them when renewal time comes.

I got a cheaper quote (on line)than my renewal, from the same company. I rang up and they told me it was cheaper on line.

I said they were treating a new customer better than an existing one, despite my loyalty and no claims. They said they would match it. I said I would go elsewhere, as existing customer and loyalty counted for nothing.

The price then reduced to £25 less than I paid last year.

All that insurance companies are in reality are glorified bookmakers it all just a gamble that you will not crash your car just like if you bet on a horse if it wins then they have to pay out if it does not they rub there hands together as the walk to the bank with your money mind you the same could be said for most banks they take your money and use it to make bets.

I start looking at quotes ar least 6 weeks before renewal and save them.When the robbing company im with now send the renewal with the added cheek of 'you dont have to do anything we will auto renew'I simply phone up and say too late ive got it sorted.Then they have the nerve to say we will match it.Oh but you thought youd try and rob me 1st.

On the insrance front Flux and another one are joining motoring forums touting for business they have hit the Jimny forum and the Ford owners forum butting in on peoples post offering quotes.On the Ford forum ive been talking asvise off a guy about his Mountuned St as my wifes Fiesta went into Ford on Monday for a Mountune kit and remap.This tit had started PMing me trying to sell modified insurane.Surprised they havent started on here esecially trying to target the LR bunch.

Edited by Davyo

But at least with flux you can really put the thumbscrews on them, I called them and they wanted my buisines so much I saved £200 on my best quote.

You shouldnt have to put the thumb screw on at all.They should offer an honest quote in the 1st place,i mean its not as if its just £10 or £20 quid it hundreds.They need sorting as its just rediculous if someone doesnt shop about and just coughs up.They tried to offer me a quote on my wifes car saying that our own insurer wouldnt cover the power upgrade mod on a brand new car& id lose my 3yr warrenty and said he'd put me on to Warrenty Direct (again trying to sell)had to point out that its ford approved and done at the fords dealers & has no effect on warrenty & as for the insurance an extra 77bhp has only cost me £48.

It's not just the insurance industry, my mate is a builder and wanted a load of timber joists and got first and second quote, second quote was much better than first so went with that a couple of weeks later first quote firm phoned and asked was the quote acceptable when he said no it was to high they offered to match the second to which he politely told them that if they had given their best price first they may have got the business.

It's just rip of Britain at work.

When you find a decent quote and buy the policy make sure that they make a note that you do not agree to Auto Renew - tell them that is the terms of your business. Stops the beggars screwing you over next year if you forget that it's renewal time.

You mean you don't have it set on your intelligent slab phone.

What I don't get is that NCD can only be used on one policy at a time. Surely it proves you're a careful driver, therefor should work on multiple policies. As it stands, I can have a **** load of accidents in one car but still have NCD on another policy.

That may be the case but you should still declare the claim which will put a load on all of the other premiums therefore increasing there cost.

Yes thats another big con, if you buy a second car and have full NCD on your 1st car you have to start from zero on your second.But here is the con,if you have a bump/claim in the second car you NCD on your 1st will suffer.Robbery and they are getting away with it.