Porsche 911 997 model 2005

Jaymo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the OP asking for the "fastest" car in his budget?

No doubt there's a snide Jap rocket or Atom out there to beat everything else on the road, but there's more to it than just a drag race from the traffic lights.

I think it's a heritage thing - Porsche, Ferarri, Lotus, etc all have provenance, so buy the 911 and know it's an evolution of past racing history. Yes, there's quicker, but who cares? All cars have weaknesses, but they seem to have sold plenty of 911s over the years, so something must be going right.

Curve ball- had looked/ driven a newish Jeep Wrangler.

Was s bit put off but having seen a few again posing up n down the beach area I have just put a bid on a late model whose owner is relocating back to the UK

We shall see if they accept- ok, no speed but boy does it look fun with the added benefit of being able to trek across the forests we have here

Sensible choice. Take therapy for the speed thing its better for the blood pressure, licence and lives. All cars can be fun but its all a little different.

A jeep will let you see the road in a different light.

I had a friend into the speed thing and at well over twice the limit taking a sharp bend on the M6 early on a sunday morning in the lake district had to lock the brakes and swerve from the inside to the outside and back again full abs. The car was sold the next week.

To top it off the Wifey did day I looked good I it- well that's some serious brownie points for the Jeep :-)

Need all the help I can get these days so comments like that are always welcome.

As said, place a rather low offer as cars out here are more expensive than buying in the UK- but guess see how desp they are, I have all the time whereas they have a moving back deadline I believe?

Engine: 3993cc 32v twin-turbo V8, 552bhp @ 5700-6600rpm, 516lb ft @ 1750-5500rpm
Transmission: Eight-speed automatic, four-wheel drive
Performance: 3.9sec 0-62mph, 155mph (limited), 28.8mpg, 229g/km CO2
Weight / material: 1935kg/steel and aluminium

yeah baby ................ feel my RS6

Stevo

Bit slow in comparison to my bikes- but at least you have a cup holder :-)

yes very true , however my eyes and liver wont end being donated to some no-mark

Engine: 3993cc 32v twin-turbo V8, 552bhp @ 5700-6600rpm, 516lb ft @ 1750-5500rpm

Transmission: Eight-speed automatic, four-wheel drive

Performance: 3.9sec 0-62mph, 155mph (limited), 28.8mpg, 229g/km CO2

Weight / material: 1935kg/steel and aluminium

yeah baby ................ feel my RS6

Very nice! My dream car! I thought they were a 4.2 v8 though. But I've not looked at them for a long time.

Don't believe everything you see on the TV... you can get a Tiv over to the Continent (if that's where you are) with a bit of work, and they're much more entertaining than a Porker, but if it's not your cup of tea then clearly not worth doing! The car in the pic isn't mine... need to make more money then one day a Tuscan will be mine. :)

Very nice! My dream car! I thought they were a 4.2 v8 though. But I've not looked at them for a long time.

nope mine is a 2015 model Audi RS6 Avant quattro (C7, France)

I got the specs slightly wrong doh , that's what happens a a few ciders

spec for my model are as follows

C7 RS6 performance

Audi announced the RS6 Avant performance on October 22, 2015.[26] It features the same 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine as the standard RS6, but with increased power output to 605 PS (445 kW; 597 bhp), and increased torque to 750 N·m (553 lbf·ft). While the top speed remains limited to 250 km/h (155.3 mph), or 305 km/h (189.5 mph) with Dynamic Plus package, the 0 to 100 km/h (62.1 mph) time has been reduced to just 3.7 seconds, and the car will get from 0 to 200 km/h (124.3 mph) in 12.1 seconds. Despite the improved performance, the fuel economy and CO2 are unchanged from the standard RS6 Avant.

Jaymo

stanard rs6 against a ZX10

hahaha

I know what I would rather be in or should I say on !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbLfyB1ug8

Was very respectful of a Kwak rider ( I'm Green through and through) to allow the Vw driver :-) his fun.

To give em their dues the 'top end' of both are equally matched and the one thing I noticed is the riders awareness of the difference in braking capabilities and kept a decent 'gap'.

I find the Autobahn too crowded these days and the Autoroute I take to work can be just as bad ( not to mention the Gendarmes hiding in various places- Speed cams have to be signposted but mobile units can be as covert as they like), but that's where the bike is good as able to filter.

Still waiting for the Jeep offer to be returned......

Was very respectful of a Kwak rider ( I'm Green through and through) to allow the Vw driver :-) his fun.

To give em their dues the 'top end' of both are equally matched and the one thing I noticed is the riders awareness of the difference in braking capabilities and kept a decent 'gap'.

I find the Autobahn too crowded these days and the Autoroute I take to work can be just as bad ( not to mention the Gendarmes hiding in various places- Speed cams have to be signposted but mobile units can be as covert as they like), but that's where the bike is good as able to filter.

Still waiting for the Jeep offer to be returned......

Jaymo respect has To go to he rider. With balls that big mate I'm surprised he can sit on the bike.

I have not got the bottle to do anything near that. Even on he right type of roads

Stevo

I don't know--- the A15 has some super long straights you could have a go on the demo from the dealer in Lincoln, you would literally fly off some of the humps though :-)

Have topped out bikes during the course of a few seasons racing and top speed has nothing on knee down or the 'grid' start- first one I was really questioning my sanity.

That is the greatest obstacle of speed "bottle" there are many fast vehicles out there but very few drivers/riders who dare do it.

Many a boy racer is prepared to 'floor it' in a straight line be it car or bike.

The 'bottle' comes to the fore in the twisties.

Now I'm not or ever have been the fastest/best bike racer out there but it's soooooo entertaining listening to the 'flat out' boys boasting of topping out at such and such a speed to pass em wobbling through the bends on the track.

Have watched a few Car track days ( not the same as they have some silly overtaking rules), and once again the flat out turns to granny cornering.....

On the way up into the 'hills/mountains' here there are some lovely twisty bits but the several hundred feet drop down ravines tends to reign in any thoughts of 'sillies'

That is the greatest obstacle of speed "bottle" there are many fast vehicles out there but very few drivers/riders who dare do it.

This !

My missus laughs at me and all of her mates take the pee out of me ..... Oh and most of the kids in the village. Saying why have a car like that and never use it the way it should be ...

Well it's simple.

1. I wish I had a bigger knob. I can't so at least I can look like one.

2. The speed limit is only 70 mph. But I can get there very very kiwk 👌

3.the sound at start up is worth EVERY penny

4. Did I say about the start up sound 😄

5. To me it's just a beautiful piece of engineering. There is not one angle on the thing I would change. From the front it looks like it will eat you.

This !

My missus laughs at me and all of her mates take the pee out of me ..... Oh and most of the kids in the village. Saying why have a car like that and never use it the way it should be ...

Well it's simple.

1. I wish I had a bigger knob. I can't so at least I can look like one.

2. The speed limit is only 70 mph. But I can get there very very kiwk 👌

3.the sound at start up is worth EVERY penny

4. Did I say about the start up sound 😄

5. To me it's just a beautiful piece of engineering. There is not one angle on the thing I would change. From the front it looks like it will eat you.

Excellent! Good for you! It truly is my dream car.

Stevo

Fully understand your logic.

Am the same on the bike when in the UK, and yet here in France I don't even feel the need for 'Traffic light' grand prix's

It's more fun value and judging by the amount of kids who pop a wheelie of two on their Scooters then fun is their objective too ( even have plod watching them practice in the sports hall car park- can't imagine Uk plod doing that).

Most of the mega sports cars here are used for gentle cruising only too- guess it's the knowing that 'you could' as opposed to showing 'you can'