Borders Wood near nottingham

nicknsd1978

Iv never been anywhere where you need to button for yourself....how does it work?.....the other one I was thinking of is East Midlands shooting ground

its practice days ideally you would go with a friend and button each other or you could join in with somebody else there

Edited by bostonmick

I shoot at East Midlands Shooting Ground regularly, its a great ground if you are just starting out as this is where i got into the sport. There are a choice of disciplines but i mainly shoot the 50 sporting which is shot from 7 stands and the layout is changed weekly, highly recommend a visit.

Having said that i have also been meaning to visit Boarders Wood to try out the 100 clays in a woodland setting just to mix things up a bit, let me know how you get on if you go anytime soon.

Borders is a great ground,excellent food,and its not expensive at £25 for 100 birds.

Would I recommend it for a novice? I would say no, although the course is changed (slightly) every fortnight,there are some pretty tough shots,they do seem to like a high bird there !

You could say 'well just use the easy stands' but the trouble is ,it gets busy,and there is queuing at most stands,which would probably lead to grumbling (There are usually 8 shots at each stand anyway)

Or you could try Langar,which is just down the road from there,a smaller easier course :whistling: