RAC

steve_b_wales

It makes you sick doesnt it. Shop around and get the best price you can and ask them again, they matched it straight away in my case. My renewal with RAC this year was something like £150, but i can get introductory discount rate with AA through work, which came to £90 (same level of cover). Phoned RAC with this and low and behold they could do my renewal for £88. No questions asked either..

Phone the AA and ask them what they can offer you as an introductory offer, tell them the RAC has offered you £139

I've contacted the AA, who I was with many years ago. They came up with a quote of a one off payment of £149, so obviously its going to be dearer via monthly DD. They are phoning me back this afternoon, so I'll mention the renewed price by the RAC.

The quotes I have had are for two people/two vehicles (my wife's and mine)

This lot.... been with them for years but (fingers crossed) have never had to ring them up. I think they were recommended by Honest John of the Daily Telegraph and the moneysavingexpert site.

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk

My 2 experiences of the AA have been dire...... having done a firework display in North Wales the van broke trying to get off the sea front.... they 'forgot' about us when the shifts changed. On the other occasion i was on the bike and broke down with an intermittent electrical fault (loose connector) on the outskirts of Leicester on me way to Donnington Park and the bloke didn't have a decent screwdriver to remove the fairing bolts... scratch mark on the plastic!! Not impressed.

cheers

Fizz

:ninja:

Edited by fizzbangwhallop

We have just swapped back from the RAC to the AA. The RAC provided better cover when we were caravanning, but now we are selling the caravan. The AA is better for us now as it covers OH and myself in any vehicle we happen to be in driving or as a passenger. The RAC cover was only for a named vehicle and as we have 2 vehicles it is not so good.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

• 3 weeks later...

My 79 year old Aunty just got her renewal with Sainsbury's and it was ....£865. The politest thing I could say was Oh cheeky monkeys. She only does about 2000 miles a year if that. She has a habit of just auto renewing but even she went err no. New quote with Tesco was £350.

hello, i would say no to that as well, green flag with home start just in case ??

Have you had a quote from your bank ?

We pay a monthly fee for our current account and get world wide travel insurance and top RAC breakdown

cover including Europe.

If you go abroad it can work out cost effective and if you put it on a joint account and it covers both of

you and not the car.

You also get cover as a passenger in another vehicle (covers motorbike too)

£10.50 a month.

Edited by daveboy

This lot.... been with them for years but (fingers crossed) have never had to ring them up. I think they were recommended by Honest John of the Daily Telegraph and the moneysavingexpert site.

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk

My 2 experiences of the AA have been dire...... having done a firework display in North Wales the van broke trying to get off the sea front.... they 'forgot' about us when the shifts changed. On the other occasion i was on the bike and broke down with an intermittent electrical fault (loose connector) on the outskirts of Leicester on me way to Donnington Park and the bloke didn't have a decent screwdriver to remove the fairing bolts... scratch mark on the plastic!! Not impressed.

cheers

Fizz

:ninja:

Plus 1.

Been with them for ages, £40 odd a year, covers the wife and me in any car. Good as any for rescue.

You have to be sure you are comparing like with like. My OH's car was insured for breakdown as part of her main policy. This was fine because she only uses it for local stuff.

The only time she ever used them was when she broke down and I wasn't around. They sent a low loader and the driver said I will take you to any garage up to 20 miles. That was the deal he was contracted to do but he never even asked her what was wrong or looked under the bonnet. That's because he was a recovery driver not a mechanic

Turned out it was a loose battery connection which I am sure the AA or RAC would have found and fixed at the roadside.

I'm not complaining, they did what they said they would, they were quick and efficient.

Edited by Vince Green