GSF brake discs

triumphant59

Ordered set of front discs and pads online from GSF for my sons Polo at the weekend and went into local store to collect today. Guy brought the pads to the counter, I reminded him the order included discs, he said there was a problem as I had only ordered 1 disc and he couldn't split a pair!! Suggested I had ordered 1 pair not 1 disc and he said I should have ordered 2, but I didn't want 2 pairs only 1! He said I would have to pay for the 2nd disc but unfortunately he couldn't apply the 40% discount applicable at the weekend. I begrudgingly agreed to pat the extra. He then produced a boxed pair with 1 part number! At that I asked to see the manager and said I had ordered 1 part which included 2 discs. You should have ordered 2! I asked him if he ordered 2 shoes when he wanted a pair? He couldn't answer so I told him to keep them.

Who was right, me or GSF?

Ordered set of front discs and pads online from GSF for my sons Polo at the weekend and went into local store to collect today. Guy brought the pads to the counter, I reminded him the order included discs, he said there was a problem as I had only ordered 1 disc and he couldn't split a pair!! Suggested I had ordered 1 pair not 1 disc and he said I should have ordered 2, but I didn't want 2 pairs only 1! He said I would have to pay for the 2nd disc but unfortunately he couldn't apply the 40% discount applicable at the weekend. I begrudgingly agreed to pat the extra. He then produced a boxed pair with 1 part number! At that I asked to see the manager and said I had ordered 1 part which included 2 discs. You should have ordered 2! I asked him if he ordered 2 shoes when he wanted a pair? He couldn't answer so I told him to keep them.

Who was right, me or GSF?

Your right the customer is always right.

GSF are not the only show in town. ;)

a lot of this depends on the pattern parts manufacturer some manufacturers sell them in pairs boxed together others in singles.....ive bought hundreds over the years being a mechanic and its dependent on maker if they come single boxed or paired.