Daystate mk3

maxwell

accupell FT,s will shoot well but I,m sorry but you are better testing pellets to see which groups best,, jsb 15.89 will shoot well but then its about finding the right batch

Thank you Evo, I plan to get a few test batches of 50 to do exactly that but I was looking for a couple of pointers on consistency/accuracy to save a bit of time, the JSB's 5.50, 5.51 or 5.52 , thank you.

Anything soft - makes it easier to dig the ******* out when they drop backwards from the magazine, on cycling, into the action and jamming the whole shebang up.

I didn't know of this and haven't read anything whilst researching, is it a common problem with the Mk3?????

I didn't know of this and haven't read anything whilst researching, is it a common problem with the Mk3? ????

it is in Bruno,s eyes, I have owned one and not had that problem , my buddy shoots one in FT and also not had the problem, if the pellets are pushed into the magazine properly they cant come back out,

Bruno does not like daystates due to personal reasons he has had with them but lets be honest he is allowed his opinion and I have heard of this problem myself but have personally not come across it

After a few years the O ring starts to loosen and if you are pointing the gun upwards ie for a second shot at a pigeon in a tree, then the jolt of the mag cycling simply spits the pellet out the back of the mag and into the action/bolt housing underneath - following a puff of air but nothing else, attempting to cycle the bolt chews said pellet into the cocking lugs of the bolt - happens most when the nearest screwdriver is the other side of the world. Belas once informed me that a mod had been fitted to some examples - not mine obviously and I sold the beast for parts :yahoo:

Most likely to have been AA Field as I tend to use them as a good starting point - but type/make would have made no difference as it was a design fault pure and simple and I was certainly not alone in suffering the inconvenience of having to take the beast to my local dealer to have them removed - R&K's Daystate trained chap informed me that he had fixed several MK3's with exactly the same problem within a couple of years. I was glad to get shot of the thing but ,I must admit, the trigger was to die for and I have never experienced anything that comes close - the HW Record unit, by comparison, was simply Neanderthal.

Maxwell, get yourself one of these if you can mate,they are by far way ahead of the rest, super accurate and in my eyes the best rifles daystate have ever made,

the Airwolf MCT ( electrical ) and the Air Ranger ( mechanical ) just ask the lads I take shooting what they are capable of,, pure awesome

006_zpsjpdokzzq.jpg

and here is my latest edition to my collection

011_zpsww0mlckg.jpg

, an Airwolf mct .177 with a Hawke sidewinder 6 x 24 x 56 totally unreal accuracy to 50yrds but it has taken me a while to find the right pellet but it helps when you have plenty to choose from

002_zpsg2ujw1tb.jpg

yes my life is really sad

atb Evo

Edited by evo

I've a Mk3 doing 30ft/lb. Nothing but Bismags/Barracuda shoot consistently well. No problems with pellets falling into breach with this gun but did happen to the X2 . It was sorted with a small sleeve sent out by the factory that , if I remember right was slipped over the pellet probe and into the housing reducing the hole diameter.

I've a Mk3 doing 30ft/lb. Nothing but Bismags/Barracuda shoot consistently well. No problems with pellets falling into breach with this gun but did happen to the X2 . It was sorted with a small sleeve sent out by the factory that , if I remember right was slipped over the pellet probe and into the housing reducing the hole diameter.

Cheers buddy, yeah I was thinking the same easy fix like a heavy gauge o ring pushed along the probe to decrease the diameter, thank you.

evo

Have you sold your HW100?

yes mate , got shut as it wasn,t a patch on the s510 ultimate sporter,

I know mate,,another bloody cabinet is in order

Ha, we have all been there well most of us, a ten gun extra deep should be a compulsory first cabinet as you WILL need it

I,ve got 3 x 3 gun and 2 x 6 gun cabinets, think I,ll get a 20 gun one and get shut of the 3 x 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well my Mk3 arrived, I stripped it cleaned and serviced it, charged the batteries, fitted a new reg as the old reg was locking up and was beyond repair according to Daystate then a quick zero with 5.52 JSB's (thank you Evo) drop confirmed on target out to 70yrds and ready to go.

I then had a pleasant afternoon's pest control with two magpies and a carrion crow (pictures) I am impressed with this rifle it is effortless to shoot and the fact I can adjust the power output through the CDT system makes it a tool for all jobs.

Well my Mk3 arrived, I stripped it cleaned and serviced it, charged the batteries, fitted a new reg as the old reg was locking up and was beyond repair according to Daystate then a quick zero with 5.52 JSB's (thank you Evo) drop confirmed on target out to 70yrds and ready to go.

I then had a pleasant afternoon's pest control with two magpies and a carrion crow (pictures) I am impressed with this rifle it is effortless to shoot and the fact I can adjust the power output through the CDT system makes it a tool for all jobs.

great news Maxwell, they truly where one of the most accurate rifles Daystate made,

enjoy it mate

atb Evo