shot like a muppet

steveyg

Had an offer to Join Passionforangling today on some rape stubble,on arival a good 200 took off and came back straight away ..looked promising

Set up with the wind at our back,15 dead birds on cradles,three flappers,two floaters and a magnet....

It some became very apparent the birds were not interesting in decoying,99% of them staying very very high..Plenty of birds about and we were expecting a strong return flightline late afternoon/early evening. we waited and waited but it did'nt materalise

I was shooting like an absolute muppet,only my secound time out in 10months and it showed..missed a couple of absolute sitters..I mean sitters :lol:

Flappers on...flappers off...flappers on...move the pattern..move the floaters...turn everything off and a few started to show some interest. P4A received a call and was told the field had been shot that week,,,,that explained it. There were a serious number of pigeons about but these brummie pigeons are very clever...

We had a some good banter in the hide ...especially when i missed..and this was happening on a frequent basis..hey ho quality days sport

We finished on 42.

Cheers P4A.. :good: You had some good shots today...those Hulls are cracking carts

Quality days sport and quality company

The fact that the field may have been shot hasn't any effect because you state that a large number of pigeon were on the field and came straight back. If they were shot shy they wouldn't have been on the field at all. I had this once and a mate that came to see how I was doing said that my hide and me stood out like a sore thumb. I thought that I was well hidden But I just didn't have it right mainly because I didn't have any back cover. A bit of modification and the birds started to come in.

It was indeed an enjoyable day with both of us missing a few but the majority of the ones we shot were good birds with only a very small number actually committing to the pattern. I think Steve takes the honours though for a) giving me a couple of boxes of Hull cartridges to try and b) giving me his higher chair because of a bad back. Oh, and just to avoid any confusion, he missed more than a couple of sitters!!😀😀

Edited by Passionforangling

It was indeed an enjoyable day with both of us missing a few but the majority of the ones we shot were good birds with only a very small number actually committing to the pattern. I think Steve takes the honours though for a) giving me a couple of boxes of Hull cartridges to try and b) giving me his higher chair because of a bad back. Oh, and just to avoid any confusion, he missed more than a couple of sitters!!

Those high birds are good sport...

In regards to the sitters.....i hate to think of the ratio then again it doesn't matter it was a great day.

Thanks again.. :good: