Recommend a fishing charter please

955i

Most of the Whitby charter boats are decent blokes and put some effort in to get you on the fish but it's a fair trek up from Derby, or Bridlington if you want to fill your boots with Mackerel and under size flatties personally i wouldn't go out of Bridlington on a charter boat because they will have your pants down especially Rachael K he has an habit of anchoring up just off the head end at Flamborough when the tide turns it whips up quite quick which causes a lot of his customers begging to go back in due to feeling rough

I was meant to go tomorrow on a boat from whitby on a boat called sea urchin 3 but it's been cancelled due to the wind.

Looking at his reports he seems to be doing well.

I have been bridlington before on a charter and we didn't catch anything worth shouting about at the end the skipper had us fishing for dab and they was so small I stopped fishing.

Try and research ad much as you can before you pick one to go with.

I was travelling from Derby to whitby its a bloody long day but sure worth it if you bag up.

ive been to Whitby a few times and fished off libby it has a fb page as does sea urchin 3....you can usually get a 4 hr slot in the afternoon if your going with the other half.... or ring and book a full day prices are reasonable and they can supply all gear too.

last time out on libby I had 2 black bags full of cod...ling and mackerel to bring home.

have a chat with Bill he runs the Red Snapper charter from Fosdyke near Holbeach Lincolnshire you can get in touch with him through facebook or 07796148020 top bloke always tries his best, can take six out at a time so if a few lads want to get together he may be able to sort a trip out or may be able to squeeze one or two to fill the boat

Edited by Saltings