out for a mooch with ginga

SPARKIE

went out lamping last night with ginga ....mainly looking for fox's so started off on some land at plot 1 i have which had been cut... pulls into fields and a few bunnies about but no safe shot. gets both rifles loaded and ready me shooting the .17 ackley hornet on long range bunnies and alix's new sako .22-250 which hadnt been christned on foxs yet.... rolled down the field to find fox 1.
on goes my new fox caller flx500 i treated myself too and it starts walking in....a few minutes go by which seem like a lifetime as alix has the fox in the scope.
it stops and bang fox down 5 minutes and we had one.
carried on calling but no more came out so collected the fox and taken the pic and carried on.pulled up to the top of an embankment and the bunnies were out a few fast shots from the hornet and we had a few bunnies in the bag ranging out to about 150 yards.
drove round a bit more into another field and anouther fox is down the field but this one has the wind advantage and was staying put.
wasnt a safe shotdue to it being in the hedge by the fishing lake. so left and went toplot 2.

arrived at plot 2 to find it has a large hare population and not many rabbits or fox's showing maybe as it was full moon by now and very bright. after spending an hour calling and driving about scanning decided to go to plot 3 to see i we can get another fox.

drives in and theres nothing showing. parked up in middle of field and scanned about to just see 3 hares.

so out comes the caller and on jackrabbit distress.....i should of put it out on field but left it on roof off my truck.

within minutes theres a fox arrived on the farm car park but no safe shot.
then number 2 appears at the same place and is stood with it.
but still no safe shot.

2 minutes later scanned round to find 3 more sets of eyes on other side of field by a small holding

looks like were in luck 5 foxs on the field at the same time.

still no safe shot.....

the 3 were down wind and didnt hang about once they got smell of us
so we will keep trying to call them from the yard.

then there were some shouting by the lake

**** people are fishing behind them.

we kept an eye on the and they started to play and dissapeared into a pub car park.

sooner not shoot if its not safe and they will be there again tommoro

so called it a night at 2am

in total 7 foxs seen, loads of bunnies and about 10 hares.

pic of ginga and his christened sako

alix fox.jpg