Taurus 2x2

loriusgarrulus

What about this is better than a scrambler / dirt bike ?

In so many ways.

Its only 44 KGs trials bike is 65 to 90 kgs MXer more than that, and fourstrokes heavier, they are 2X1 not 2X2 like this, its got flotation tyres Trials bike as typical Tyre footprint and front wheel will either need a ski fitting or at best cleats to keep the front wheel rotating in soft snow, Trials bike WILL fit in a family hatchback with wheels removed and a lot of fafing, But this is built to be transportable.

It wont do quite what a trials bike will do but a trials bike wont do what that can do either.

It is what it isa and its....AWESOME!.

In so many ways.

Its only 44 KGs trials bike is 65 to 90 kgs MXer more than that, and fourstrokes heavier, they are 2X1 not 2X2 like this, its got flotation tyres Trials bike as typical Tyre footprint and front wheel will either need a ski fitting or at best cleats to keep the front wheel rotating in soft snow, Trials bike WILL fit in a family hatchback with wheels removed and a lot of fafing, But this is built to be transportable.

It wont do quite what a trials bike will do but a trials bike wont do what that can do either.

It is what it isa and its....AWESOME!.

Modern trials bikes are around the same weight. Modern 2 strokes are 90 and 4 strokes like my ktm are around 105kg wet. The pure off road bikes are a bit lighter than that as well! They do look good. Where can you get them from and how much? :lol:

Modern trials bikes are around the same weight. Modern 2 strokes are 90 and 4 strokes like my ktm are around 105kg wet. The pure off road bikes are a bit lighter than that as well! They do look good. Where can you get them from and how much? :lol:

A 90kg trials bike is a big fatty, ['d Fantics weigh in at that as twin shocks, a Sherco or beta will be in the 70s dependent on age and model.

a four stroke at 12 to 15kgs more than the fat 90kg bike, with the 4 stroke it is heavier and you will notice it a LOT.. Other aspects besides the physical weight come in to play with the 4Ts but thats not for this thread, i just mentioned the taurus as many advantages to even a lightweight competition trial bike about the lightest bikes normal bikes available.

Edited by TONY R

They used to make something similar here callad an ecorider?, the local branch of carrs had 1 in the window for years and years don't think they ever sold it.

Never took of at all. Its a pretty limited niece market for them that probably doesnae exist in this country, better off just with ur quads will do almost every thing and far more

Think they had a bracket that fitted on ur tow bar bit like a bike bracket so u just drove it on and transported it about

Edited by scotslad

They used to make something similar here callad an ecorider?, the local branch of carrs had 1 in the window for years and years don't think they ever sold it.

Never took of at all. Its a pretty limited niece market for them that probably doesnae exist in this country, better off just with ur quads will do almost every thing and far more

Think they had a bracket that fitted on ur tow bar bit like a bike bracket so u just drove it on and transported it about

The Eco-Riders were designed/built by an entrepreneur (should read shark) based IIRC in/near Nairn, North Scotland...

...and were all DIESEL, and weighed a bloody tonne. They also made quads for a while. Reliability was the companies biggest failing.

The Russian thing is a knock-off of an American bike designed and built in the 70's.

You'd be better off with a Trials bike, or the old 80cc Peugeot bike the French Army had built.

Sales guff says weight varies from 44kg upto 74kg. And a review site says it weighs around 132lb (60kg)... hardly the lightweight claimed. Best thing about it is getting drive to the front wheel.

A 90kg trials bike is a big fatty, ['d Fantics weigh in at that as twin shocks, a Sherco or beta will be in the 70s dependent on age and model.

a four stroke at 12 to 15kgs more than the fat 90kg bike, with the 4 stroke it is heavier and you will notice it a LOT.. Other aspects besides the physical weight come in to play with the 4Ts but thats not for this thread, i just mentioned the taurus as many advantages to even a lightweight competition trial bike about the lightest bikes normal bikes available.

Should have specified 90kg 2stroke enduro/crosser. Wasn't having a dig by the way, just my experience:) I agree the Taurus looks a cracking bit of kit and looks a good laugh

Should have specified 90kg 2stroke enduro/crosser. Wasn't having a dig by the way, just my experience:) I agree the Taurus looks a cracking bit of kit and looks a good laugh

No and i was not having a go at you either,the written word or my my case the recorded and badly s

edited word can often be misinterpreted . your right it is a great little thing.