Airgun compressor

countryman

There is no local Gun shop to me that fills bottles. The dive shop that i go to want you to leave the bottle with them and collect in a few days. When i collected it last time the bottle could not have been completely filled as it struggled to fill my buddy bottle gun. My thinking is if i brought one it would last me years and i could fill at leisure with it.

Chris

There is no local Gun shop to me that fills bottles. The dive shop that i go to want you to leave the bottle with them and collect in a few days. When i collected it last time the bottle could not have been completely filled as it struggled to fill my buddy bottle gun. My thinking is if i brought one it would last me years and i could fill at leisure with it.

Chris

As a retired BSAC diver / instructor of 20 yrs I am familiar with the requirement to leave your cylinder at the dive shop. It is time efficient to blow cylinders in batches between other jobs.

As to the low pressure in the cylinder, regrettably this is does happen. It generally happens when the cylinder is filled a little too fast. The compressed air expands and the cylinder gets hot. When tested on the compressor contents gauge the hot cylinder will show 232 bar but when the air in the cylinder cools the compressed air contracts and the cylinder pressure drops back.

To avoid receiving low pressure in future always smile and yask for a contents gauge check before accepting the cylinder and if it is below the required pressure ask the operator to top it off. If he whinges ask him would he refuse this service to a diver? The answer is No, he would not.

If you don't have a dive shop close by, it's probably worth politely asking the local fire brigade and offer a donation in the charity box. I've done this before and they were more than happy to help.

They won't charge to 232 Bar though. IIRC it's 208 BAR.

What's wrong with a hand pump?

it generally causes a massive heart attack when filling an Airwolf MCT from empty, can also cause light headedness , sometimes increases back pain, and a sweaty brow, but other than that they are ok :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: