midlands game fair

kingsy18

I used to board my cocker at Peter Moxons kennels.......he had a wife younger than himself.....but still had an eye for the ladies! Lol...do you remember the lad who worked for him...Dennis?

Don't remember a Dennis but I do remember seeing a few people around the kennels, yes, his wife Olwyn a blonde woman and as you say a bit younger than him, she is still alive and kicking.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're going on the Sunday but not for the same reasons I used to go for. ie actually buying shooting gear and guns. Very little point going to do that as there are so few actual gun stalls/makers represented these days its almost impossible to get a bargain and the choice is just not there anymore. Nearly spent the whole day on Gunmakers Row most years but these days we watch the displays and look at clothing stalls(the wife seems to enjoy it much more : ( )

GH

Say hello this year, we will be with Paul

will do tam , i usually drop in to see paul . i need a new battery charger , i needed one last year but i started chatting to paul and forgot what i wanted ,so i bought some spreader blocks instead lol.

Every year in Sept, the same question, every the luddite's come out force.

If you've never been and you enjoy country sports, get down there.

We camp for the weekend, great atmosphere.

These show's need to evolve to attract a wider audience.

Guns, clays, rifles, air rifles, rods, gun dogs, hounds, ferrets, birds of prey, displays, clothing, food , drink & entertainment.

We meet loads of friends and have a laugh, I enjoy it for what it is, not was or will be 😉👍🏻

If we stopped going and it folded it would be another self inflicted nail in the coffin , IMO 😳

I,m only going as I,m shooting the Euro,s so camping for me is free and the entrance is also cheaper, happy days,

last time I went which was three years ago they had a problem with vehicles being broken into and *****,s being a pain in the backside but didn,t affect me so no problem there

hello, GOOD LUCK IN THE EURO :good:

Guns, clays, rifles, air rifles, rods, gun dogs, hounds, ferrets, birds of prey, displays, clothing, food , drink & entertainment.

We meet loads of friends and have a laugh, I enjoy it for what it is, not was or will be 😉👍🏻

If we stopped going and it folded it would be another self inflicted nail in the coffin , IMO 😳

THIS

We meet loads of friends and have a laugh, I enjoy it for what it is, not was or will be

If we stopped going and it folded it would be another self inflicted nail in the coffin , IMO

May see you there then :)

Had a great day, better than the game fair. Loved the music stages around the ground, had a pint watching the blues band this afternoon. Great gunmakers row and some nice bespoke leather goods stands. Best clay layout I've seen, 3 pools stands! Unfortunately Mr G and gun not communicating today so the sporting layout escaped relatively unscathed 😖😖

Edited by Glenlivet

I cleaned up after some of those 'Country Folk' who had left all of their carp on the car park for a 'Townie' like myself to take home and dispose of !!

yes seen a few piles of rubbish left in car park by some **** holes on the way out no doubt to "give someone a job"

enjoyed watching some of the dog trails ,went home thinking mines not as bad as i thought :)

Edited by Remimax

I left a banana skin behind. .

I was not originally going but a last minute change of mind occurred on Thursday while out shooting.

I was not disappointed with me expectations. I take in all the comments regarding the banter, meets with like minded folk etc but I see it quickly drifting down the river of self destruction.

Game Keepers Fair ???

Edited by Dougy