which van ?

digger

Transporter, transporter , transporter. :)

I'm 34 years old and since I was 17 and learning I've only had transporters.

Yes I had a few problems like erg valve but so does every diesel. I've had a hinge/door stop snap on this one but be replaced it out of warranty :) the n75 valve started playing up but was also fixed for free.

I wouldn't buy anything else . My 12 plate kombi is still worth £17k lol from £23k new. That's why we buy them.

Solid residuals and DSG were my motivation to move to VW.

thanks for all the input. off to Heathrow van sales on Sat as they have what we want in stock ( my mate is buying a caged tipper and getting me whatever I choose for 10k plus vat. They have a couple of decent mitos plus a few vw transporters. Hopefully 25k under their noses will get us a decent deal.

Edited by digger

I have a 2012 Transit which a little while ago rolled over onto 100,000 miles and apart from the usual tyres and brakes-its been faultless. It still returns 29mpg even with the aircon running flat out! My company will get rid of it next year and im tempted to buy it myself as it has all the goodies like aircon,traction control,hill start,heated windscreen,electric windows and is still in good condition.

Transit all the way.

Lots of tradesmen have started using Fiat Doblo vans in this area in recent years. Also sold as a Vauxhall Combo.

Dealer in Hawick is advertising 16 plate Vauxhall Combo L1 H1 2000 1.3 CDTi 90 at £8499+VAT (saving £6700+ VAT against new). Obviously at the wrong end of the country for the OP, but maybe similar deals available elsewhere.

I have never driven the van version, but find the Doblo MPV very comfortable and practical. Not suitable if you want to make a fashion statement, and you have to be able to live with all the Postman Pat jokes.

I have had a Fiat Doblo for about 4 years . I do about 500 miles a week ,Its a great van and will replace it with another... :good:

I have absolutely no interest in the resale value of vans and trucks that we run.they are bought to do the job and earn their keep.by the time we have finished with them they are fit for nothing more than scrap but will say the transit has served us well for many years and many many miles.one of ours has done 308k never had any major works only normal brakes exhaust a few shock absorbers.its eight years old cost nowhere near 23k has no rot and still goes out everyday to work.it will undoubtedly come to the end of its life one day but will have paid for itself several times over by then.thats why we run transits

Transits are around £19k now for a panel van. My mates just bought one and I was shocked at the price.

Vw t5s with 500,000 miles still fetch £5k

A clapped out vw will always fetch good money and are the same price as a transit . No brainer really.

Mine earns its money and is my car.

Transits are around £19k now for a panel van. My mates just bought one and I was shocked at the price.

Vw t5s with 500,000 miles still fetch £5k

A clapped out vw will always fetch good money and are the same price as a transit . No brainer really.

Mine earns its money and is my car.

I do wonder where people live who can get this sort of money for these vans with such mileage.i have looked on autotrader and there are lots with mileage range 90-180k and prices start at around 1600 and only when you get onto late models do you get near the 5k mark and nowhere near the miles you state.you are either extremely lucky or clever to get that price for such clapped out vans. Edited by bostonmick

I do wonder where people live who can get this sort of money for these vans with such mileage.i have looked on autoloader and there are lots with mileage range 90-180k and prices start at around 1600 and only when you get onto late models do you get near the 5k mark and nowhere near the miles you state.you are either extremely lucky or clever to get that price for such clapped out vans.

Or delusional.

I do wonder where people live who can get this sort of money for these vans with such mileage.i have looked on autotrader and there are lots with mileage range 90-180k and prices start at around 1600 and only when you get onto late models do you get near the 5k mark and nowhere near the miles you state.you are either extremely lucky or clever to get that price for such clapped out vans.

Can you put up a link to any vw t5 with current mot for less than £2k ???

My insurance paid me £8000 for my 10 year old t5 that I wrote off . It had clocked 80,000 .

Or maybe some people are blind and have never looked.

I've had vw's for 18 years

The first page on auto trader

The first two are 15 years old and just panel vans.

Look i own a T5 a 30 had it two years or more now it was 4 k with 97000 on it Full serevive history. one owner from new including vat HPI clear no damage has had the oil cooler gasket de laminate on it nothing else i did the bbelts. service etc.

you can ask what you want getting it is a different thing alltogether, Eventualy it will go trade ins people get tied to stuff like this, but have cash will travel private sales is the way, trade like HP loans trade ins its how they roll, real money still talks no matter what your buying and folding is harder these days to find than its ever been.

Its done just under 140k now and i would get my money back, they are a good van but not silly money like those in the trader.

There just chancers. i was at a lorry auction the other mo nth in lincolnshire buying trailers and there was a T5 it would have had vat to pay but it was a 55 plate and i dont think it did 2k was a bit untidy but it was tested, we bought a 11 plate partner from there a few years ago was not even due an mot yet and it had 100k on it FSH needed the vat on it with indemnity it made 3700, we could not shift it for long enough the vat was killing it, not our problem, but buyers could not handle it, we ebnded up using it for fowling and selling it vin the folowing spring withh a fresh mot and lost the price of the test in the deal thats how good a buy that van was.

I'm not saying I would pay it but I've met plenty of people that pay top line.

I have a lot to do with vw's as my mates run vw garages so I see what people pay. It's mental yes but they pay it.

I met a guy who paid £8k for a t4 because it had 60k on the clock and was a 2.5tdi . Idiot in my eyes but he still paid it.

Remember a bit part of price is the engine /spec

I'm not saying I would pay it but I've met plenty of people that pay top line.

I have a lot to do with vw's as my mates run vw garages so I see what people pay. It's mental yes but they pay it.

I met a guy who paid £8k for a t4 because it had 60k on the clock and was a 2.5tdi . Idiot in my eyes but he still paid it.

Remember a bit part of price is the engine /spec

Oh i agree people are stupid they will pay through the nose for stuff, and T4s and 5s are the in van at the moment 4x4s are dieing a death tax on the newer ones is killing them, the pick up dual cabs are holding their own a bit but std 4x4s even lrs are not the lucrative little earners they once were, shooters fisherman still want them but in truth without you are out everynight all year round lamping an ATV in a van or a trailer is probably as good.

this is true i know a lad hes in his late 30s nice lad not on a big wage wife not working three kids he sold his nice pasat estate and bought a clean buy y reg mk 2 discoverey the one with the high back lights td5 engine in it you know the ones.

I no fan of discos or LRs in general these days, so i asked him ... WHY...

this was roughly word for word his reply, well the pasat was great reliable good on diesel comfortable roomy and i could get us all in kids dogs go out days etc, but i joined a syndicate in>>>>>>>> ><<>> And i just could not get to some of the drives up tracks and that. :unhappy: .

Now sorry call me old fassioned if you like hes a nice lad but common sense is just not big in his reasoning.

And although i never said anything at the time, he sold it after about ten months and has a two year older Pasat estate again now, and is still in the same syndicate as far as i know. :yes:

My grandad was in more shoots than anyone i ever knew was, he lived shooting mid week clays pigeons rabbiting foxing and deer stalking when no one else acctualy wanted to do it, he went in some right hard to get to places up tracks over land fishing spots and do you know what he had??

A dark Green Morris 1000 van well acctualt four of them from 1955 to 1970 his last one.

I duno but i never ever heard of him getting stuck anywhere he needed to go off road. buut im sure he did not play either.

Most not all but most just dont need a 4x4 its as much an image thing these days dogs guns 4x4s etc. :)

i was looking for the 5k vans with the quoted 500k miles and could not find a one.

. I've seen a lot of vans at 5-6 years old with that mileage fetching that price.

Most are ex taxis and shared so never turned off.

My ex brother in laws works than had 97,000 in 9 months :/

Would I pay that ? No way but I've seen them fetch it.

Oh i agree people are stupid they will pay through the nose for stuff, and T4s and 5s are the in van at the moment 4x4s are dieing a death tax on the newer ones is killing them, the pick up dual cabs are holding their own a bit but std 4x4s even lrs are not the lucrative little earners they once were, shooters fisherman still want them but in truth without you are out everynight all year round lamping an ATV in a van or a trailer is probably as good.

this is true i know a lad hes in his late 30s nice lad not on a big wage wife not working three kids he sold his nice pasat estate and bought a clean buy y reg mk 2 discoverey the one with the high back lights td5 engine in it you know the ones.

I no fan of discos or LRs in general these days, so i asked him ... WHY...

this was roughly word for word his reply, well the pasat was great reliable good on diesel comfortable roomy and i could get us all in kids dogs go out days etc, but i joined a syndicate in>>>>>>>> ><<>> And i just could not get to some of the drives up tracks and that. :unhappy: .

Now sorry call me old fassioned if you like hes a nice lad but common sense is just not big in his reasoning.

And although i never said anything at the time, he sold it after about ten months and has a two year older Pasat estate again now, and is still in the same syndicate as far as i know. :yes:

My grandad was in more shoots than anyone i ever knew was, he lived shooting mid week clays pigeons rabbiting foxing and deer stalking when no one else acctualy wanted to do it, he went in some right hard to get to places up tracks over land fishing spots and do you know what he had??

A dark Green Morris 1000 van well acctualt four of them from 1955 to 1970 his last one.

I duno but i never ever heard of him getting stuck anywhere he needed to go off road. buut im sure he did not play either.

Most not all but most just dont need a 4x4 its as much an image thing these days dogs guns 4x4s etc. :)

My past 2 t5's have driven to some amazing places off road. I'd love a 4x4 but I don't really need it.

I was born with legs ( wobbly ones ;) ) so I walk most places .

My t5 returns 600 miles to a tank, is restricted to 119mph so sits at 70 on tick over almost . Goes shooting , fishing, work, family holidays. I'd be lost without it

My past 2 t5's have driven to some amazing places off road. I'd love a 4x4 but I don't really need it.

I was born with legs ( wobbly ones ;) ) so I walk most places .

My t5 returns 600 miles to a tank, is restricted to 119mph so sits at 70 on tick over almost . Goes shooting , fishing, work, family holidays. I'd be lost without it

Ours is ace we are in it now in the borders near haddington, we could not all kip in a LR90 with an awning on the side like this cthing, or return the MPG.

I do miss our old terrano thats stripped at the moment on axle stands, but its only when the t5s loaded with camping gear and the bed frame. and i have to load a trailer for the atv, i only miss it foxing and ill be honest i have not done a third of the foxing this year i generaly do due to no terrano. But the T5 is a better thing alltogether for practicality, even wildfowling its a tin tent a kitchen a dog kenel even a reloading room if need be when out there, i rate its versatility in use.

Ours is ace we are in it now in the borders near haddington, we could not all kip in a LR90 with an awning on the side like this cthing, or return the MPG.

I do miss our old terrano thats stripped at the moment on axle stands, but its only when the t5s loaded with camping gear and the bed frame. and i have to load a trailer for the atv, i only miss it foxing and ill be honest i have not done a third of the foxing this year i generaly do due to no terrano. But the T5 is a better thing alltogether for practicality, even wildfowling its a tin tent a kitchen a dog kenel even a reloading room if need be when out there, i rate its versatility in use.

I'd love a bi turbo 4 motion with some knobbly tyres on . Always wanted one but haven't £30k available:(

I bought one recently. No nobbly tyres though, just the standard mud and snow road tyres. Very pleased with it. Does a great job of getting the boat in and out of the slipways, and is a nice spacious work van. £18500 + vat for a two year old with 35k

Edited by Tim Kelly