.204 Ruger

I've reloaded quite a few rounds of the above calibre, using a 32gr bullet with H4895. I now have some 39gr but the Hodgdon data chart only shows a 40gr bullet using this powder. It states Min 26.0 grn Max 27.7 grn

Would it be okay to use 26grn with the 39gr bullet, or reduce/add the load a little? I want to try a few different loads to find the one suitable for my rifle.

Hi Steve i use H4895 in my 204 with 39 sbk an 32-40 vmax an even now with 35gn berger its a very good powder in the 204 but i found that i have to use BR primers. Without going to my man cave i can"t remember what powder drop i used with the 39sbk but it gave 5p size groups at 200 yards and it was"t a hot load. Its a great little rifle an very very accurate

Hi Steve i use H4895 in my 204 with 39 sbk an 32-40 vmax an even now with 35gn berger its a very good powder in the 204 but i found that i have to use BR primers. Without going to my man cave i can"t remember what powder drop i used with the 39sbk but it gave 5p size groups at 200 yards and it was"t a hot load. Its a great little rifle an very very accurate

I'm very pleased with this calibre. I haven't really tested it out fully yet, but hope to do so soon.

I found out if you push the bullets to fast its no good i found out the expanded on the surface and would"t do the damage they should do an fox would run so slowed them down to around 3450-3600 and they did what they are ment to do. The 39s shot spot on throw my Howa shot mine out to 600 yards when the weather was right lol they don"t like wind much at long range lol